Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 19-07-17, 02:34 PM
News Guru

ASML passes major EUV milestone

ASML will put the "More" back into Moore's law.

Read more on ASML's EUV achievements.

Old 19-07-17, 05:30 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Intel outsourcing and buying tools for there Fabs? Must be truly impressive for that to happen. Considering Intel are the world leaders and all.
Old 19-07-17, 05:36 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Intel outsourcing and buying tools for there Fabs? Must be truly impressive for that to happen. Considering Intel are the world leaders and all.
Intel doesn't make all of their equipment, no company stands alone after all. Developing everything from the ground up would get them nowhere and require multiple billions in R&D.

It isn't EUV alone that will make a good process node, it is all about how well it is utilised. Most major fabs plan on moving to EUV soon for later 7nm series processes and below, so it really is going to be a war over who can make the best "next-generation" process.
Old 19-07-17, 05:44 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I know they don't make it all, my girlfriends great uncle used to work for Intel and he was the guy who personally bought all the stuff for Intel that they did not make. Did other things to that he still isn't able to talk about... I ask him all the time. Never get an answer

I'm just saying in this situation for Intel to be buying a WHOLE SET of tools from one company and using them pretty much exclusively is the impressive part for ASML. We know EUV will get used right by Intel. They are the world leaders still like I said. It just depends now if someone can do it better but I don't think that'll happen at first. It's also hard to gauge considering Intel and AMD make high performance chips whereas Samsung makes low power ones. So not directly comparable, thus, hard to tell who's is better