Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-06-17, 10:12 AM
News Guru

Destiny 2's PC release date has been revealed

Destiny 2's PC release date has been revealed, releasing over a month after both the Xbox One and PS4 versions.

Read more on Destiny 2's PC version.

Old 13-06-17, 10:34 AM

Does anyone know if accounts will be shared of if you're locked to a platform?
Old 13-06-17, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Does anyone know if accounts will be shared of if you're locked to a platform?
I haven't heard anything solid, and its ubisoft so you honestly don't know.... , but xbox one and pc MIGHT be shared saves. Really depends on if MS decided to do that for this game since MS has no real dev work in it so its not a MS developed game so shouldn't be considered xbox anywhere....

In short - probably not :/
Old 13-06-17, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
I haven't heard anything solid, and its ubisoft so you honestly don't know.... , but xbox one and pc MIGHT be shared saves. Really depends on if MS decided to do that for this game since MS has no real dev work in it so its not a MS developed game so shouldn't be considered xbox anywhere....

In short - probably not :/
Doesn't have to be first party to be play anywhere, but I'm still assuming they won't bother. If they have a Steam/Uplay and W10 version they most likely won't matchmake together and they probably won't allow PC and Xbox to play together so it would be a very small online space, similar to what happened with the recent CoD.
Old 13-06-17, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Why always a month later?? To consolidate the console monkeys? It genuinely annoys me. (Sorry)
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Old 13-06-17, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Why always a month later?? To consolidate the console monkeys? It genuinely annoys me. (Sorry)
Because it's easier to optimise and focus on 2 consoles than to consider every variation of PC hardware and compat testing. Some optimisations will benefit the PC so it makes sense.
Old 13-06-17, 01:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Because it's easier to optimise and focus on 2 consoles than to consider every variation of PC hardware and compat testing. Some optimisations will benefit the PC so it makes sense.
I understand that. However, they've had a long time developing so they could have released all simultaneously if they wanted to. This (almost 2 months later, even) delay is a very Ubisoft-like move and always in favour of consoles. So in short; I'm not buying that that's the reason.
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Old 13-06-17, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
I understand that. However, they've had a long time developing so they could have released all simultaneously if they wanted to. This (almost 2 months later, even) delay is a very Ubisoft-like move and always in favour of consoles. So in short; I'm not buying that that's the reason.
In truth you don't really know, the games industry is very locked down.
Old 13-06-17, 03:34 PM
OC3D Elite

I think the delay is Activision/Bungie waiting for the cheque to clear from Blizzard for releasing it only on Battlenet.

Seriously though I have had 2 friends already say they are not waiting nearly 2 months for it to release on the pc, and instead are going to get it on the Xbox One, now for me I am getting it on the Xbox and PC so it doesn't bother me as much as I was planning on getting it on both anyway, but it would have been nice to start on both at the same time.

If the delay is because they are either porting Destiny 1 over and are going to include that in the price or because they are doing more work on it, then fine but they really need to say why it's delayed otherwise people will get impatient like my friends and forget about the pc version.
Old 14-06-17, 09:44 AM
OC3D Elite

I just hope that nightfall raids can be made via party search. That was a massive flaw in Destiny, you had to use an external web url where people gathered to make groups.