Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-06-17, 05:28 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,791
Overclocker der8auer tears a hole in Skylake-X overclocking rumours

The overclocker der8auer has torn a hole in recent X299 Skylake-X overclocking rumours by showing a 5GHz overclock on a Corsair 280mm AIO liquid cooler, estimating that the average chip will reach 4.7GHz after delidding.



Read more on Intel X299 Skylake overclocking.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-06-17, 05:33 PM
TheF34RChannel's Avatar
TheF34RChannel TheF34RChannel is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,292
I didn't make the transcript
__________________
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-17, 01:48 AM
Bridges Bridges is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Now we have Skylake-X which is a lot cheaper and we CAN push it to 5 GHz, so what's all this negative press about? I don't really understand it. So from my point of view this is a very impressive CPU, so we have very high single-thread performance on the 10-core and also high MT performance, which we didn't have before in a Broadwell-E (probably comparing to mainstream).

It's still 1000£$€ to get a chip that isn't artificially gimped. If you buy a cheaper one, you've paid for motherboard features that you can't use for no good reason. It's still 'enthusiast' premium priced chips that require you to murder your warranty by delidding to get your money's worth. I suppose getting lots of free parts makes you forget what it's like to get treated like a mug by a lazy, exploitative mega-corporation.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-17, 07:53 PM
The_Governour's Avatar
The_Governour The_Governour is online now
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post
Now we have Skylake-X which is a lot cheaper and we CAN push it to 5 GHz, so what's all this negative press about? I don't really understand it. So from my point of view this is a very impressive CPU, so we have very high single-thread performance on the 10-core and also high MT performance, which we didn't have before in a Broadwell-E (probably comparing to mainstream).

It's still 1000£$€ to get a chip that isn't artificially gimped. If you buy a cheaper one, you've paid for motherboard features that you can't use for no good reason. It's still 'enthusiast' premium priced chips that require you to murder your warranty by delidding to get your money's worth. I suppose getting lots of free parts makes you forget what it's like to get treated like a mug by a lazy, exploitative mega-corporation.
Some one should re post this on his facebook page.....

Very well said.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-17, 08:43 PM
Vamp Vamp is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post
Now we have Skylake-X which is a lot cheaper and we CAN push it to 5 GHz, so what's all this negative press about? I don't really understand it. So from my point of view this is a very impressive CPU, so we have very high single-thread performance on the 10-core and also high MT performance, which we didn't have before in a Broadwell-E (probably comparing to mainstream).

It's still 1000£$€ to get a chip that isn't artificially gimped. If you buy a cheaper one, you've paid for motherboard features that you can't use for no good reason. It's still 'enthusiast' premium priced chips that require you to murder your warranty by delidding to get your money's worth. I suppose getting lots of free parts makes you forget what it's like to get treated like a mug by a lazy, exploitative mega-corporation.
Exactly the point I'm trying to make in that videos comment section without success.... :P ppl are even selling me that "you can keep warranty if you delid it well"... Looooooolll
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-17, 02:32 AM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Exactly the point I'm trying to make in that videos comment section without success.... :P ppl are even selling me that "you can keep warranty if you delid it well"... Looooooolll
So much for making yourself look like a complete and utter no knowledge retard
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-17, 07:09 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,020
As well as what's already been said above, people bought Broadwell-E CPU's in troves. If Skylake-X is such a resounding success, what does that make Broadwell-E? A resounding failure that people lapped up like warm milk.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-17, 07:32 PM
TheF34RChannel's Avatar
TheF34RChannel TheF34RChannel is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
As well as what's already been said above, people bought Broadwell-E CPU's in troves. If Skylake-X is such a resounding success, what does that make Broadwell-E? A resounding failure that people lapped up like warm milk.
It's like dishwasher soap or anything else really, isn't it? The new product is that much better so the previous stuff must have been a nightmare!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-17, 07:39 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
It's like dishwasher soap or anything else really, isn't it? The new product is that much better so the previous stuff must have been a nightmare!
AMD's 5-year-old architecture sucked and no one bought it. Makes sense. Ryzen is a success irrelevant of the company's prior failure. Broadwell-E, on the other hand, is 18 months old, sucked, yet everyone bought it and was considered a success... until a rumoured 10-core that clocks to 4.8Ghz by a professional overclocker. The CPU's functioned and performed well, but by no means does that constitute an exemption from the apt adjective 'sucked'.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-17, 07:41 PM
evilcorp's Avatar
evilcorp evilcorp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
It's like dishwasher soap or anything else really, isn't it? The new product is that much better so the previous stuff must have been a nightmare!
Buy the new Intel skylake-X Dishwashing detergent. It washes dishes 5% cleaner than the last version. Its much better (honestly) all of our marketing guys who get free stuff will tell you that, It even works a bit faster if void your customer warranty!
Please note: You need a new dishwasher to run the latest detergent (But only because we hope you will buy our new dishwashing detergent)

Intel dishwashing detergent (smells like fresh bull***t)
__________________
Ryzen 1700 3.95ghz @1.37v - Still playing with 4ghz
Asus Crosshair Hero
8pack Dark pro DDR4 @3466mhz - currently testing with 3600mhz
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.