Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 10-06-17, 05:28 PM
News Guru

Overclocker der8auer tears a hole in Skylake-X overclocking rumours

The overclocker der8auer has torn a hole in recent X299 Skylake-X overclocking rumours by showing a 5GHz overclock on a Corsair 280mm AIO liquid cooler, estimating that the average chip will reach 4.7GHz after delidding.

Read more on Intel X299 Skylake overclocking.

Old 10-06-17, 05:33 PM
OC3D Elite

I didn't make the transcript
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64
Old 11-06-17, 01:48 AM

Now we have Skylake-X which is a lot cheaper and we CAN push it to 5 GHz, so what's all this negative press about? I don't really understand it. So from my point of view this is a very impressive CPU, so we have very high single-thread performance on the 10-core and also high MT performance, which we didn't have before in a Broadwell-E (probably comparing to mainstream).

It's still 1000£$€ to get a chip that isn't artificially gimped. If you buy a cheaper one, you've paid for motherboard features that you can't use for no good reason. It's still 'enthusiast' premium priced chips that require you to murder your warranty by delidding to get your money's worth. I suppose getting lots of free parts makes you forget what it's like to get treated like a mug by a lazy, exploitative mega-corporation.
Old 11-06-17, 07:53 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post
Now we have Skylake-X which is a lot cheaper and we CAN push it to 5 GHz, so what's all this negative press about? I don't really understand it. So from my point of view this is a very impressive CPU, so we have very high single-thread performance on the 10-core and also high MT performance, which we didn't have before in a Broadwell-E (probably comparing to mainstream).

It's still 1000£$€ to get a chip that isn't artificially gimped. If you buy a cheaper one, you've paid for motherboard features that you can't use for no good reason. It's still 'enthusiast' premium priced chips that require you to murder your warranty by delidding to get your money's worth. I suppose getting lots of free parts makes you forget what it's like to get treated like a mug by a lazy, exploitative mega-corporation.
Some one should re post this on his facebook page.....

Very well said.
Old 11-06-17, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post

Exactly the point I'm trying to make in that videos comment section without success.... :P ppl are even selling me that "you can keep warranty if you delid it well"... Looooooolll
Old 12-06-17, 02:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
Exactly the point I'm trying to make in that videos comment section without success.... :P ppl are even selling me that "you can keep warranty if you delid it well"... Looooooolll
So much for making yourself look like a complete and utter no knowledge retard
Old 12-06-17, 07:09 PM
OC3D Elite

As well as what's already been said above, people bought Broadwell-E CPU's in troves. If Skylake-X is such a resounding success, what does that make Broadwell-E? A resounding failure that people lapped up like warm milk.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 12-06-17, 07:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
As well as what's already been said above, people bought Broadwell-E CPU's in troves. If Skylake-X is such a resounding success, what does that make Broadwell-E? A resounding failure that people lapped up like warm milk.
It's like dishwasher soap or anything else really, isn't it? The new product is that much better so the previous stuff must have been a nightmare!
Old 12-06-17, 07:39 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
It's like dishwasher soap or anything else really, isn't it? The new product is that much better so the previous stuff must have been a nightmare!
AMD's 5-year-old architecture sucked and no one bought it. Makes sense. Ryzen is a success irrelevant of the company's prior failure. Broadwell-E, on the other hand, is 18 months old, sucked, yet everyone bought it and was considered a success... until a rumoured 10-core that clocks to 4.8Ghz by a professional overclocker. The CPU's functioned and performed well, but by no means does that constitute an exemption from the apt adjective 'sucked'.
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Old 12-06-17, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Buy the new Intel skylake-X Dishwashing detergent. It washes dishes 5% cleaner than the last version. Its much better (honestly) all of our marketing guys who get free stuff will tell you that, It even works a bit faster if void your customer warranty!
Please note: You need a new dishwasher to run the latest detergent (But only because we hope you will buy our new dishwashing detergent)

Intel dishwashing detergent (smells like fresh bull***t)
Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC
Cougar Panzer