Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 30-05-17, 09:08 AM
News Guru

Corsair showcase custom liquid cooling components at Computex

Corsair is showcasing their own custom liquid cooling components at Computex, including water blocks, CPU blocks fittings, radiators and reservoirs.

Read more on Corsair's new custom liquid cooling components.

Old 30-05-17, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

If Corsair releases some proper water cooling cases this will be epic for OCD freaks. Just please more white thingies.
Old 30-05-17, 12:29 PM
OC3D Elite

PLEASE don't charge the same as everyone else for fittings. While it's great to have variety, we need a real shake up in the water cooling arena. It'll remain for the select few if company's don't start charging less.
Old 30-05-17, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
PLEASE don't charge the same as everyone else for fittings. While it's great to have variety, we need a real shake up in the water cooling arena. It'll remain for the select few if company's don't start charging less.
I agree with you completely. Water cooling is eye watering expensive. With more companies in the game it would be a joy if prices started to go down. And it is becoming more, and more popular. With prices down i think they could sell more goods, and turn bigger profits. Good for them, good for us. Win/Win.

Edit: Are you reading this Corsair????!!!!
Old 30-05-17, 01:20 PM

The blocks shown at the picture, are not "their own custom liquid cooling components". They are from aqua computer and probably just have laser etched Corsair logos or lettering.
Old 30-05-17, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasOriginal View Post
The blocks shown at the picture, are not "their own custom liquid cooling components". They are from aqua computer and probably just have laser etched Corsair logos or lettering.
Neither are their AIO, but you see them in different prices form different manufacturers.
Old 30-05-17, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Neither are their AIO, but you see them in different prices form different manufacturers.
Yea but on their AIOs they at least order a different looking casing, tube design.., you got my point, while the waterblocks shown look just like theyre sold by aqua computer , I think the GPU block on the picture is similar to this one.https://www.caseking.de/aqua-compute...-wach-408.html

I dont really see, except for small laser etching, how they are going to differ "their" blocks, also they wont be cheaper and the aqua computer blocks are already expensivem, so why would anyone get them with a small corsair branding on it? Makes no real sense to me.
Old 30-05-17, 03:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasOriginal View Post
so why would anyone get them with a small corsair branding on it? Makes no real sense to me.
Cause it's exactly that, it's Corsair. The same way people pay ridicolous prices for Titan GPUs, cause it's Nvidia and an Titan card.
Old 30-05-17, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
I agree with you completely. Water cooling is eye watering expensive. With more companies in the game it would be a joy if prices started to go down. And it is becoming more, and more popular. With prices down i think they could sell more goods, and turn bigger profits. Good for them, good for us. Win/Win.

Edit: Are you reading this Corsair????!!!!
I agree.
I would love some "fancy" fittings, but the prices. I can't justify the prices to myself or my wife.
So I'm stuck with normal barb fittings that came out donkey years ago simply because they are far cheaper than the rest.