Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 19-05-17, 09:57 AM
News Guru

Bungie reveals Destiny 2's PC features

Bungie has revealed a selection of Destiny 2's PC oriented features, as well as the specifications of the systems used to play the game at 4K 60FPS at yesterday's live event.

Read more on Destiny 2's PC version.

Old 19-05-17, 11:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
The reasoning behind this move is obvious, as Steam's standard fee for game sales is 30%, giving Activision/Blizzard a huge financial incentive to use their own online distribution platform on PC.
This now makes the choice to use Battlenet more reasonable but I still don't want to have to install yet another client on my, pc just to be able to play a game since I already have Steam, Origin and Uplay.
Old 19-05-17, 11:58 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
This now makes the choice to use Battlenet more reasonable but I still don't want to have to install yet another client on my, pc just to be able to play a game since I already have Steam, Origin and Uplay.
Yeah, but a lot of PC gamers already use Battle.net, be it for WOW, Overwatch, Hearthstone or Starcraft. It isn't like Battle.net is something that is new.

I would love to see these games on Steam, but at the same time letting steam have this much power is not healthy for PC gaming as a whole.
Old 19-05-17, 12:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Yeah, but a lot of PC gamers already use Battle.net, be it for WOW, Overwatch, Hearthstone or Starcraft. It isn't like Battle.net is something that is new.

I would love to see these games on Steam, but at the same time letting steam have this much power is not healthy for PC gaming as a whole.
Understandable but this will be the only game I have on Battlenet, since my copy of Starcraft II was removed from my Battlenet account and they refused to fix it.

It was there one day and gone the next and when I contacted them, they said I never had the game on there, after 2 months I gave up fighting them.
Old 19-05-17, 12:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Well the other incentive they wanted to bring in is the abillity to use the new blizzard account currency for in-game purchases. Gone are the days of paying in euros, you can obtain tokens now and use them across all blizzard games. This will be opened up to Destiny 2 im sure. Especially when the ingame cosmetics in Destiny are the same kind as WoW.
Old 19-05-17, 12:55 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
Understandable but this will be the only game I have on Battlenet, since my copy of Starcraft II was removed from my Battlenet account and they refused to fix it.

It was there one day and gone the next and when I contacted them, they said I never had the game on there, after 2 months I gave up fighting them.
Fair, sucks that you have had a bad experience with them in the past.

This makes me wonder if Activision wants to release more of their games on Battle.net moving forward. Could COD WWII be exclusive to Battle.net?
Old 19-05-17, 01:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Fair, sucks that you have had a bad experience with them in the past.

This makes me wonder if Activision wants to release more of their games on Battle.net moving forward. Could COD WWII be exclusive to Battle.net?
Just saw elsewhere. Blizzard confirmed they will NOT be bringing any additional titles to battle.net any time soon.