Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-05-17, 12:20 PM
News Guru

MSI tease their X299 Godlike motherboard

MSI are continuing to tease their upcoming X299 GODLIKE motherboard, this time showing their new USB 3.1 Gen 2 controllers and high-end network connectivity options.

Read more on MSI's X299 Godlike motherboard.

Old 15-05-17, 12:36 PM
OC3D Elite

/facepalm.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 15-05-17, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Sigh....So there going to use this name again "Godlike" the name must be popular in the Asian market cause i haven't seen too many systems with the "Godlike" motherboard.

I will give MSI credit for putting 3 networks on the motherboard but what on earth would anyone need 3 for i can think of use for 2 but not 3.

From what we can see in the pictures (which isn't much) but it looks like it going to be an all black motherboard which is a good thing.

Hopefully they will change their GPU's and get rid of the Red/Black colour scheme one can only hope.

If there's other people who like the name that's fine, I just wouldn't use a motherboard that has "Godlike" as the model name.
Old 15-05-17, 12:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
Sigh....So there going to use this name again "Godlike" the name must be popular in the Asian market cause i haven't seen too many systems with the "Godlike" motherboard.

I will give MSI credit for putting 3 networks on the motherboard but what on earth would anyone need 3 for i can think of use for 2 but not 3.

From what we can see in the pictures (which isn't much) but it looks like it going to be an all black motherboard which is a good thing.

Hopefully they will change their GPU's and get rid of the Red/Black colour scheme one can only hope.

If there's other people who like the name that's fine, I just wouldn't use a motherboard that has "Godlike" as the model name.
They have changed their GPU's check this one out https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Ge...#hero-overview
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 3000Mhz Dominator Platinums= MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Old 15-05-17, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
They have changed their GPU's check this one out https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Ge...#hero-overview
Yeah i have seen that GPU while it does look better than the Red/Black but i just can't help to think the GPU cooler looks cheap compared to other all Black GPU's, maybe it's just me.
Old 15-05-17, 01:01 PM
OC3D Elite

What's funniest to me is how it looks totally like an Asus board. Well, the bits I've seen of it any way. And MSI clearly don't read forums etc otherwise they would know the reception the name received last time lol.

Old 15-05-17, 01:03 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah looks are subjective that's for sure, and MSI why keep up with the stupid names for things seriously
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 3000Mhz Dominator Platinums= MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Old 15-05-17, 01:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Yeah looks are subjective that's for sure, and MSI why keep up with the stupid names for things seriously
To be fair the last one was so expensive that I never saw any one actually buy one. The only boards I saw were in sponsored builds lol.

Old 15-05-17, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

I have very little interest in MSI lately. They have lost themselves. I really don't know what their management is thinking. They can tease as much as they like. I don't think it will draw attention. I have recently built a PC for a friend, and i have just ignored MSI motherboards. Like i did with Asrock and Biostar few years back.
Old 15-05-17, 02:16 PM
OC3D Elite

asus should call their next flagship ROG board "Deicide"