Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 08-05-17, 05:45 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,591
Acer announce their Predator Z35P 3440x1440 monitor

Acer has now announced their new Predator Z35P 3440x1440 G-Sync monitor, which is said to support framerates of up to 120Hz using a special display overclocking option.



Read more on Acer's new Z35P 3440x1440 display.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-17, 06:51 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 11,680
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Cool but no thanks, I'd like a 4K 60Hz quantum dot HDR 32" panel with symmetrical looks, No fancy lights, No gamery looks, No Freesync or G-sync.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-05-17, 10:35 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,948
Lol, so they release in principle an identical monitor to the X34A?...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-05-17, 10:41 PM
Kleptobot's Avatar
Kleptobot Kleptobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 186
i wonder if this uses the same panel as the x34A? just with some software magic to get that overclock to 120Hz...

And then the question would be, could you flash the firmware to get that extra frequency boost for free
__________________
delided 3570k (watercooled)
hd7970 (watercooled)
8GB Gskill XM
3*140 SR1 Rad
all stuffed in an FD arc midi
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-17, 10:45 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 11,680
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Lol, so they release in principle an identical monitor to the X34A?...
Pretty much yeah "Look we have an extra 20Hz refresh rate, WOOOOOOO"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-17, 11:11 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Pretty much yeah "Look we have an extra 20Hz refresh rate, WOOOOOOO"
Yeah, how lame... The only "upgrade" I see is that it doesn't have a shiny back, which the X34A has and is a pure dust magnet.

Other than that, they just added 20Hz extra refresh rate, at the same price? Yeah... I'll just leave it at that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-05-17, 12:04 PM
myrizzle myrizzle is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 8
I see a VA panel instead of a IPS panel..

Pretty much the perfect panel for me!

Imo the best blend between performance and screen real estate..

I Also have the XB271HU, which i will still be using as my main gaming monitor.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13-05-17, 12:10 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrizzle View Post
I see a VA panel instead of a IPS panel..

Pretty much the perfect panel for me!

Imo the best blend between performance and screen real estate..

I Also have the XB271HU, which i will still be using as my main gaming monitor.
Yeah true that, I tried both the Acer X34P, X34A and the ASUS PQ348Q and all are IPS which had massive BLB. Which made me not wanting them.

Maybe this might just be the widescreen monitor for me then, with it's VA panel.

If I recall correctly, VA is between TN and IPS yes? Or can someone correct me if I'm wrong here?.

After doing some reading on it, I'm now genuinly interested in this. Considering that the VA panel is what I think it is, as described above?. Not too keen on the black and red on the back, but since it's only on the back, which you won't really look at anyway, it won't be an issue. Wish they would have made it all back though.

Lastly, I'm not really keen at all on them putting the "Acer" in the top left of the monitor on the front. I mean, really? The X34 and X34A only had the "Predator" in the front, now they put an ugly bright "Acer" in the top left corner.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13-05-17, 12:34 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: In a hobbit hole.
Posts: 7,600
Honestly I'm done with Acer and their panels, the last 3 I've had are all faulty in one way or another. I've gone to an Asus IPS panel now and thus far I'm blown away by the difference.
__________________

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-05-17, 12:39 PM
myrizzle myrizzle is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denmark
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Yeah true that, I tried both the Acer X34P, X34A and the ASUS PQ348Q and all are IPS which had massive BLB. Which made me not wanting them.

Maybe this might just be the widescreen monitor for me then, with it's VA panel.

If I recall correctly, VA is between TN and IPS yes? Or can someone correct me if I'm wrong here?.

After doing some reading on it, I'm now genuinly interested in this. Considering that the VA panel is what I think it is, as described above?. Not too keen on the black and red on the back, but since it's only on the back, which you won't really look at anyway, it won't be an issue. Wish they would have made it all back though.

Lastly, I'm not really keen at all on them putting the "Acer" in the top left of the monitor on the front. I mean, really? The X34 and X34A only had the "Predator" in the front, now they put an ugly bright "Acer" in the top left corner.
True, the VA panel should have best of both worlds ish..

I dont mind the logos on the front, but i'm not that into the red on the back either.

Have been testing out a Samsung Ultrawide, to see if the screen format was something for me.

The IPS panel on the X34 or the Asus equivalent both have major BLB issues as you mention above.. So they're not for me either.

So this could prove to be the Perfect monitor for my Workstation PC, as i do not like the 60 Hz, the Samsung S34E790C provides me.. I'm spoiled with high Hz monitors for way to long
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.