Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 28-04-17, 10:55 AM
News Guru

Codemasters release their first gameplay trailer for DiRT 4

Codemasters have now released their first gameplay trailer for DiRT 4.

Read more on DiRT 4.

Old 28-04-17, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

If the Simulation handling mode feels as good as DiRT Rally then I'll almost certainly pick this up. I only recently got back into racing games but I've fallen in love with DiRT Rally and would really like to see that style iterated forward.
Old 28-04-17, 11:21 AM
The Webmaster

If they keep the simmy driving model from DiRT Rally.. I'm in if it's arcadey again.. not so much.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 28-04-17, 11:31 AM
OC3D Elite

Dirt 2 again please. That was literal arcade/sim perfection IMO. I mean yeah it wasn't a *proper* sim but bugger me it was great to play. Dirt 3 was fun but that gymkhana thing? yeah, not so much.

Would also be a nice tribute to Dave Mirra to include his voice samples in this one and dedicate a car or two to him. RIP Dave, one of my heroes and a complete legend.

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old 28-04-17, 11:46 AM
The Webmaster

I have to say, I disagree, less silly voices. DiRT Rally got it almost spot on for that

If this is DiRT Rally with more event types I'm all for it, the driving model is leagues ahead of the others in the series.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 28-04-17, 11:49 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I have to say, I disagree, less silly voices. DiRT Rally got it almost spot on for that

If this is DiRT Rally with more event types I'm all for it, the driving model is leagues ahead of the others in the series.
Dirt Rally was too pure for me. I like Rally in essence, just not full on sim. Obviously most of the fun of rallying is driving like a nutter, getting thrown all over the place and going very fast. Most of that is lost in translation into a video game, so making it too pure can make it feel a bit sterile given it's not tactical like actual driving is (well, unless you spunk a grand on a wheel and so on)

My favourite type of game before Fallout 3 was arcade racers. There hasn't really been any decent ones since Split Second, and that was 30 FPS hobbled (still a fantastic game though !)

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old 28-04-17, 12:03 PM
Bettyswollocks

Keep the Sim style, the others may have well been Sega rally in a suit. This isn't the Codemasters title we're waiting for though... roll on June 20th

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 28-04-17, 12:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Dirt 2 again please. That was literal arcade/sim perfection IMO. I mean yeah it wasn't a *proper* sim but bugger me it was great to play. Dirt 3 was fun but that gymkhana thing? yeah, not so much.
Dirt 2 was a legendary awesome game, not to serious, not to silly combined with a good sense of speed, handling and a series of great tracks.

Shame its bogged down with gfwl and its licenses expired.