Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 20-04-17, 09:19 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,192
Intel have reportedly moved up the launch of Skylake-X and Coffee Lake

Intel has reportedly moved up the launch of Skylake-X and Coffee Lake, with plans to launch X299 at Computex.



Read more on Intel's rumoured launch schedule.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-04-17, 09:44 AM
Avet Avet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 192
This is good. AMD is finally back, and Intel and Nvidia are slightly panicking. I hope the prices will be coming down for new products.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20-04-17, 10:06 AM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: England
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
This is good. AMD is finally back, and Intel and Nvidia are slightly panicking. I hope the prices will be coming down for new products.
Although we would all love to see that, I doubt Intel will drop prices because a lot of people will see the Intel name and shell out whatever for it.
__________________
Go Hard or Go Home.

Build Log is now live here!
Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz | XFX RX 480 8GB
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST RAID 0 | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-04-17, 10:27 AM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 6,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Although we would all love to see that, I doubt Intel will drop prices because a lot of people will see the Intel name and shell out whatever for it.
Intel will just release something that's faster on a new socket, claim the lead and then charge the prices they have been for ages.

Lower end chips will drop slightly I would imagine, but knowing Intel they will just discontinue the slower older ones and launch new ones.

Intel did the exact same thing through the Athlon years. Their chips were slower, more power hungry, needed expensive RAM (RDRAM) and more expensive yet they still stayed afloat.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-04-17, 10:31 AM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: England
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Intel will just release something that's faster on a new socket, claim the lead and then charge the prices they have been for ages.

Lower end chips will drop slightly I would imagine, but knowing Intel they will just discontinue the slower older ones and launch new ones.

Intel did the exact same thing through the Athlon years. Their chips were slower, more power hungry, needed expensive RAM (RDRAM) and more expensive yet they still stayed afloat.
Exactly, like I said, they know people will still buy them because it's Intel and Intel can't do no wrong. As my saying goes: A socket change a year keeps the proletariat in fear
__________________
Go Hard or Go Home.

Build Log is now live here!
Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz | XFX RX 480 8GB
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST RAID 0 | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-04-17, 12:11 PM
Avet Avet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 192
But with this Ryzen launch I hope Intel will have lower price for 6900K replacement. I am aiming for a nice music production rig this year, and 6900K is perfect for what i need but the price is just off. Unlike for other production stuff Ryzen is miles behind Intel for music. Current price for X CPUs is ridiculous. Yes 6900K is better than 6850K, but it is not 350€ better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-04-17, 12:37 PM
Excalabur50's Avatar
Excalabur50 Excalabur50 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,365
Geez WYP if they come out in 20177 I'll be long dead before they arrive
__________________
DRAGON'S MIST
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 3000Mhz Dominator Platinums= MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-04-17, 05:05 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Asgard
Posts: 12,035
Yeah instead of a 3% improvement this time it's going to be 4%
__________________
Death is just another path, one that we all must take.
The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back,
And all turns to silver glass, and then you see it...
White shores, and beyond,
A far green country under a swift sunrise.
-J.R.R Tolkien
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-04-17, 05:49 PM
The F34R Channel's Avatar
The F34R Channel The F34R Channel is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 747
Broadwell-E was shortlived then. One thing I don't understand and maybe someone can explain it to me? Why does 4 core Kaby Lake exist on the X299 platform? It seems cheaper to get 1151 or whatever is next.

Is coffee lake still a laptop chip only? They were listed as such earlier but more recent mentions say nothing about it anymore. Six core mainstream chips sound good and should've been released a long time ago, like AMD did. Lastly, and I probably know the answer to this question, is coffee lake a different socket than 1151? (cringe)

@NBD: lol right as rain! Something new and a major improvement has been long overdue.
__________________
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20-04-17, 10:17 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Broadwell-E was shortlived then. One thing I don't understand and maybe someone can explain it to me? Why does 4 core Kaby Lake exist on the X299 platform? It seems cheaper to get 1151 or whatever is next.

Is coffee lake still a laptop chip only? They were listed as such earlier but more recent mentions say nothing about it anymore. Six core mainstream chips sound good and should've been released a long time ago, like AMD did. Lastly, and I probably know the answer to this question, is coffee lake a different socket than 1151? (cringe)

@NBD: lol right as rain! Something new and a major improvement has been long overdue.
I don't understand the Kaby Lake X CPU's either, but maybe they are 5Ghz CPU's for enthusiasts. Extreme features for extreme gamers. Or something BS like that.

I think it's Cannon Lake that's supposed to be a laptop specific chip, at least at first.
__________________
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ⁞⁞ 4670K 4.5Ghz ⁞⁞ Nepton 240M ⁞⁞ ASUS Fury Strix ⁞⁞ Fury 16GB ⁞⁞ Define R4 ⁞⁞ AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung EVO 120 & 500GB ⁞⁞ WD 1TB & 3TB
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX ⁞⁞ Fidelio X2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.