Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 14-03-17, 02:23 PM
News Guru

Bioware claims that Mass Effect Andromeda will play at 4K 60FPS+ on a GTX 1080Ti

Bioware claims that Mass Effect Andromeda will play at 4K 60FPS+ on a GTX 1080Ti.

Read more on Mass Effect Andromeda's PC performance.

Old 14-03-17, 03:40 PM

This makes me wonder if its just the shear amount of vram that the 1080ti has.
Old 14-03-17, 03:41 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
This makes me wonder if its just the shear amount of vram that the 1080ti has.
VRAM better not be a limiting factor, I know tonnes of people who are still using 2GB cards.
Old 14-03-17, 07:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
VRAM better not be a limiting factor, I know tonnes of people who are still using 2GB cards.
It might be, Different game I know but Ghost Recon uses just over 10GB at 1440P max settings according to Afterburner and seeing as this game from the 4K 15 minute video I watched seems to have some on par eye candy.
Old 14-03-17, 07:18 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

And the whole community shat their pants when in the previous news-flash from EA-Bioware they talked about 30fps gameplay...

Mass Effect.... rollercoaster of emotions already. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 14-03-17, 07:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quick, let me spend £700 on a GPU so I can play a game at 60 FPS.

It's almost like they're bragging or something. Want to impress me? make a game that looks like this does and runs at full tilt on a 1060. You know? those cards that like 90% of your fans have.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 14-03-17, 07:24 PM

I dont understand this sometimes, we scream as the pc master race, use our hardware, give us better then console quality, push that envolope for graphic fidelity. We are the pc master race!!.

But as soon as we need to have gear to push the quality its a case of, but hey why do i need this gear to run this game at ultra on 4k.
Old 14-03-17, 07:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I dont understand this sometimes, we scream as the pc master race, use our hardware, give us better then console quqality, push that envolope for graphic fidelity. We are the pc master race.

But as soon as we need to have gear to push the quality its a case of, but hey why do i need this gear to run this game at ultra on 4k.
We're a bunch of mugs. Mugs who continually get mugged off and make all sorts of excuses about it.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 14-03-17, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelosouvlakia View Post
And the whole community shat their pants when in the previous news-flash from EA-Bioware they talked about 30fps gameplay...

Mass Effect.... rollercoaster of emotions already. :P
According to Michael Gamble, one of the producers for Andromeda that is/was at PAX East, clarified to PC Gamer that the minimum and recommended requirements are the bare minimum that you should get mentioning that on his PC at home he gets higher then 30fps for the majority of the game on a 1060. We will see if what he says is true once the early access starts.

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-a...-fps-at-1080p/
Old 15-03-17, 01:14 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
I dont understand this sometimes, we scream as the pc master race, use our hardware, give us better then console quality, push that envolope for graphic fidelity. We are the pc master race!!.

That is not the point of our bragging. Games shouldn't need fastest card on the planet to run because they are poorly optimized. You can have tons of better features on PC than on consoles at 1440p with 1070 and it should fly, making the graphics on consoles look like original Quake.

Point is that we should have better optimized games for PC, and not some poor console port that requires top hardware to play, when if it was made for PC it should run on half that. When they make game that utilizes full 1080Ti for graphic because graphics is beyond belief (kinda like original Crysis) then i will buy 1080Ti.

Exampe 1: Neverwinter Nights 2 latest version from GoG. i7-4790K,16GB 1866MHz DDR3, GTX 970 and it can't get 60fps at 1080p on max settings. That does not mean it has epic graphics. It is just badly optimized.