Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 13-03-17, 04:03 PM
News Guru

AMD Ryzen 1400 and 1200 CPU specifications leak

Specification for AMD's Ryzen 3 1400 and 1200 CPU have been leaked, with the R3 1200 coming without SMT with both CPUs coming with clock speeds of 3.4GHz or under.

Read more on AMD's Ryzen 1400 and 1200 CPUs.

Old 13-03-17, 04:09 PM
Bettyswollocks

I'm truthfully looking forward to AMDs Ry3 and Ry5's and just how they stack up against Intels Ry3 and Ry5's

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 13-03-17, 04:11 PM

wouldnt mind seeing die shots to see how there setting up the cores. One of the biggest probs at the mo is how win is throwing work from core block to core block and thus impacting game performance as its trying to move info across the infinity fabric.
Old 13-03-17, 07:03 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
wouldnt mind seeing die shots to see how there setting up the cores. One of the biggest probs at the mo is how win is throwing work from core block to core block and thus impacting game performance as its trying to move info across the infinity fabric.
A die shot is literally in almost every article Mark posts about Ryzen...
Btw that's not a confirmed issue, for any case. Especially seeing as Windows attempts to keep everything within one CCX unit
Old 13-03-17, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
A die shot is literally in almost every article Mark posts about Ryzen...
Btw that's not a confirmed issue, for any case. Especially seeing as Windows attempts to keep everything within one CCX unit

A die shot of the 4 and 6 core versions, the die shots we have are the 8 cores. Also windows isnt keeping everything inside a core block, its jumping the work about whilst gaming, thats where the game difference in 1080p comes from. Pcper showed this in test they have done.
Old 13-03-17, 08:14 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
A die shot of the 4 and 6 core versions, the die shots we have are the 8 cores. Also windows isnt keeping everything inside a core block, its jumping the work about whilst gaming, thats where the game difference in 1080p comes from. Pcper showed this in test they have done.
It's not going to change. 2 deactivated cores and then only one CCX module.

You need to read the article again. I've already read it and know what it says so I'll pull a direct quote.. Not only does he say "the results may provide a possible explanation for the relatively poor performance seen in some gaming workloads. " He also doesn't test any games. So don't infer this as concrete fact. In addition he also continually says the word possible in context of gaming performance, or lack thereof. He doesn't know. He's also not a developer. That would be a wild assumption and it's something only developers have answers too and very few do since I'm sure not many outside the bigger companies have kits yet.So while his article is very informative on Ryzen vs Windows, it is not conclusive of anything else.
Old 13-03-17, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It's not going to change. 2 deactivated cores and then only one CCX module.

You need to read the article again. I've already read it and know what it says so I'll pull a direct quote.. Not only does he say "the results may provide a possible explanation for the relatively poor performance seen in some gaming workloads. " He also doesn't test any games. So don't infer this as concrete fact. In addition he also continually says the word possible in context of gaming performance, or lack thereof. He doesn't know. He's also not a developer. That would be a wild assumption and it's something only developers have answers too and very few do since I'm sure not many outside the bigger companies have kits yet.So while his article is very informative on Ryzen vs Windows, it is not conclusive of anything else.

What pcper did was to show how the cores talk to each other and show a battery of tests that show this is infact possible and what is the most likely cause of gaming difference to synthetic benchmarks, and to date is one of the few tests into what is actually going on.

They also did a tad clickbaity title for the youtube video aka no silver bullet, but i dont think anyone was ever expecting simply telling the sched/games that these are basically a 2 cpu system integrated into one. One major silver lining is that xbox one's (so been told) work in the exact same way so there is a fix, they just need to impliment it on pc.

Also on the way the cores are made up, your guessing as much as i am, could be 4 +2, 3+3. hell for all we know they might have a 6 core block.

So im not gonna guess what they are, im gonna wait until we see what they are.