Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 13-03-17, 11:42 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,808
AOC's new AGON 35" 200Hz AG352QCX display is now available for purchase

AOC's new AGON 35" 200Hz AG352QCX display is now available for purchase with a price tag of £559.



Read more on AOC's new 200Hz FreeSync 2560x1080 display.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-03-17, 12:41 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 8,694
1080 vertical on a 35"? um yah, no thanks.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-03-17, 01:06 PM
stdout stdout is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2
Yes, I am also holding back until widescreen monitors features UHD or better. Refresh rate of 200Hz is nice though!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-03-17, 03:13 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
1080 vertical on a 35"? um yah, no thanks.
You would be surprised by how much demand there is for large ultra wides, even with low pixel counts.

Some people like higher refresh rates over higher resolutions, though then comes the problem of actually running games at 200Hz.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-03-17, 03:32 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 8,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
You would be surprised by how much demand there is for large ultra wides, even with low pixel counts.

Some people like higher refresh rates over higher resolutions, though then comes the problem of actually running games at 200Hz.
The problem for me with 1080p was always the height. I came from a 1600x1200 CRT monitor and the instant I bought myself a LED panel I always suffered. I spent six years on that screen making/coding front ends for an emulator then all of a sudden I couldn't play them any more as the button panels were all lopped off.

They *should* have made it 1200p. Dell made a few panels at 1200p but they were prohibitively expensive. I spoke to a mate of mine about it once and he said they literally did it to save a few pence for every screen cut.

My next step up was 4k which was too far, but I absolutely love 1440p. It means I can play all of my creations again when I want to and they will fit on the screen.

Which if you think about it is quite ridiculous. It was a downgrade.. No wonder so many CRT owners were moaning !

But yeah, I couldn't live with 1080 again. Not in this day and age.

And at that size? dear god.
__________________
He used to do surgery
For girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins




Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-03-17, 03:55 PM
Shingara Shingara is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
You would be surprised by how much demand there is for large ultra wides, even with low pixel counts.

Some people like higher refresh rates over higher resolutions, though then comes the problem of actually running games at 200Hz.

Well i suppose as we move forwards and the cards we are getting now aiming to push into 4k territory with ease that ultra wides by default have an easier time, i think the main prob is ultrawide support from games.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-03-17, 04:34 PM
Daiyus's Avatar
Daiyus Daiyus is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
But yeah, I couldn't live with 1080 again. Not in this day and age.
And to think, as an HTPC gamer I've only just got to 1080p. Seriously, I've been stuck on a 32" 720p until last weekend. I was planning on gunning for 4K but I found a great deal on a 40" 1080p panel which is perfect for my living room.

I guess it really does depend on what you're used to. I'll probably be happy with 1080p for a few years yet while I wait for 4K to properly mature. Who knows, I might have even moved house by then so I'll have room for a proper desktop set-up.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-03-17, 09:02 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
Faceplam

AOC, This monitor should have been a 2560x1440 NOT a 2560x1080.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-03-17, 10:29 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
The problem for me with 1080p was always the height. I came from a 1600x1200 CRT monitor and the instant I bought myself a LED panel I always suffered. I spent six years on that screen making/coding front ends for an emulator then all of a sudden I couldn't play them any more as the button panels were all lopped off.

They *should* have made it 1200p. Dell made a few panels at 1200p but they were prohibitively expensive. I spoke to a mate of mine about it once and he said they literally did it to save a few pence for every screen cut.

My next step up was 4k which was too far, but I absolutely love 1440p. It means I can play all of my creations again when I want to and they will fit on the screen.

Which if you think about it is quite ridiculous. It was a downgrade.. No wonder so many CRT owners were moaning !

But yeah, I couldn't live with 1080 again. Not in this day and age.

And at that size? dear god.
They did it to match TV/Console outputs. That's why 1080p became more like the standard with monitor outputs.

I've got 3 Dell 1200p screens and much prefer the 16:10 format to 16:9 I'm in the same boat as you, can't do without those extra vertical lines.
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-03-17, 02:09 PM
AwesomeSauceAndy AwesomeSauceAndy is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
1080 vertical on a 35"? um yah, no thanks.
have you played any of todays triple A titles at 3440x1440? on ultra? I have a gtx1080 and barely getting decent FPS on Wildlands or for honor. I actually have the 34 inch predator and dumbed it down to 2560x1080p for wildlands with the texture pack and ultra settings and love the fps so really depends on what you are playing. . .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.