Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 09-03-17, 12:57 PM
The Guvnor

Nvidia GTX1080 Ti Founders Edition Review

After weeks of speculation and rumour the GTX 1080 Ti is upon us. Have nVidia really managed to squeeze even more performance from the already amazing Pascal architecture?

Nvidia GTX1080 Ti Founders Edition Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 09-03-17, 01:04 PM

Great review TTL, thank you.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K, Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Gene, Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1866Mhz, Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 980 ti SC+, Hard Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 500GB + Intel 750 NVMe 800GB, Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D, Power Supply: Corsair AX860i, CPU cooling: Corsair H100i, OS: Windows 10 Pro x64, Monitor: AOC AG241QG 24" 165hz, Headphones: Logitech G35 3D, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB, Mouse: Razor Deathadder Chroma
Old 09-03-17, 01:45 PM

Great review as normal, but something im wondering about the benchmarks that you did, wasnt the vega shown doing over 60 fps in 4k, could this be why nvidia have basically destroyed there titan with the ti ?
Old 09-03-17, 01:55 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Great review as normal, but something im wondering about the benchmarks that you did, wasnt the vega shown doing over 60 fps in 4k, could this be why nvidia have basically destroyed there titan with the ti ?
It's still not enough for 4k according to all of the reviews I have seen/read. Mostly thanks to the awful games we've been getting for the past year or so. Shame really.

Thanks for the review Tom, and of course the video !

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old 09-03-17, 02:16 PM
OC3D Elite

GG Nvidia. All the best to AMD now.

Thanks a lot, TTL. I'll have a proper look through this and the other reviews.
Old 09-03-17, 02:22 PM
The Guvnor

With Vega 4K you dont know what the other settings were. We max our games out. You cant compare one results to another without identical rigs and game settings.

Old 09-03-17, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
With Vega 4K you dont know what the other settings were. We max our games out. You cant compare one results to another without identical rigs and game settings.

Ow i wasnt saying vega is gonna trounce the ti or the titan, i was simply wondering what your thoughts were on nvidias outing with this ti, in the past even though generally the ti made the titan not worth it for games, this ti sorta makes the titan not worth it at all.

And when it comes to vega, we know next to didly squat about it, but what they showed us was strong.
Old 09-03-17, 02:53 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Ow i wasnt saying vega is gonna trounce the ti or the titan, i was simply wondering what your thoughts were on nvidias outing with this ti, in the past even though generally the ti made the titan not worth it for games, this ti sorta makes the titan not worth it at all.

And when it comes to vega, we know next to didly squat about it, but what they showed us was strong.

It was the same with all of the other Titan/Ti's

Old 09-03-17, 02:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Those 4k AMD tests were severly limited too. Running Doom at 4K with unknown settings on the Vulcan API doesn't prove much to me.

Old 09-03-17, 02:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

The whole point of the Titan is you got that performance 7 months ago and even now they are still the top card.

Having said that the 1080 Ti at £699 is fantastic value for money.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.