Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-03-17, 04:31 PM
News Guru

Nvidia release their own Mass Effect Andromeda PC system requirements

Nvidia has released their own Mass Effect Andromeda PC system requirements, stating that PC gamers will need a GTX 660 for 720P gameplay.

Read more on Nvidia's Mass Effect Andromeda PC system requirements.

Old 08-03-17, 04:42 PM

Soo... another drastically inefficient console port then?
Old 08-03-17, 04:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Not too bad at all, Looking forward to this title
Old 08-03-17, 04:44 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKiwi View Post
That depends on how well it runs on consoles. if the XB1 runs at 720p then it is about right, but it really makes all that 4K 60FPS gameplay questionable at best.
Old 08-03-17, 04:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
That depends on how well it runs on consoles. if the XB1 runs at 720p then it is about right, but it really makes all that 4K 60FPS gameplay questionable at best.
According to various articles the standard PS4 is running ME:A at 1080P 30FPS, Xbox One at 900P 30FPS and PS4 Pro at 1800P using checkerboard rendering and 30FPS.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...e-hdr-support/
Old 08-03-17, 05:55 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKiwi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
According to various articles the standard PS4 is running ME:A at 1080P 30FPS, Xbox One at 900P 30FPS and PS4 Pro at 1800P using checkerboard rendering and 30FPS.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...e-hdr-support/
Then I'd call all that 60FPS gameplay false advertising, as they are showcasing performance that almost all gamers cannot achieve without stating that the gameplay is a PC capture.

TBH I think resolutions and framerates should be clearly stated by developers, at least on consoles anyway.
Old 08-03-17, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Then I'd call all that 60FPS gameplay false advertising, as they are showcasing performance that almost all gamers cannot achieve without stating that the gameplay is a PC capture.

TBH I think resolutions and framerates should be clearly stated by developers, at least on consoles anyway.
If you are referring to the recent 13 minutes of gameplay from IGN then since that footage showed Xbox controller prompts and Scorpio is not out yet anyone that turned on their brain for a second should have been able to figure out that the footage has to be from the PC version of the game.
Of course it wouldn't have hurt for them to say somewhere that the footage was from PC but again anyone that decided to think should have still been able to piece it together.
Old 08-03-17, 06:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourgath223 View Post
If you are referring to the recent 13 minutes of gameplay from IGN then since that footage showed Xbox controller prompts and Scorpio is not out yet anyone that turned on their brain for a second should have been able to figure out that the footage has to be from the PC version of the game.
Of course it wouldn't have hurt for them to say somewhere that the footage was from PC but again anyone that decided to think should have still been able to piece it together.
Nice you aren't you XD
Old 08-03-17, 06:37 PM

I'm glad I didn't preorder it.
Old 08-03-17, 07:08 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourgath223 View Post
You would be surprised by how stupid some people are, hence why I think that further clarification is needed from the developers.

It seems difficult to imagine that anything under a GTX 1080 SLI setup will be able to run this game at 4K 60FPS with Ultra graphics, then again "Ultra" and "Max Settings" has always been overrated.

You'd be surprised how many people on Reddit that think the footage is PS4 pro, and that think the consoles will run at 60FPS.