Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-03-17, 12:47 PM
News Guru

Microsoft reveals more details on Windows 10's game mode

Microsoft has revealed more details on Windows 10's upcoming game mode, with both CPU and GPU oriented features.

Read more on Microsoft's Windows 10 game mode.

Old 08-03-17, 02:04 PM

Makes me wonder how this will relate to things like async compute and this is query more then anything but isnt ryzen in scorpia, or should i say raven ridge. If that is the case could we see something akin to it sees zen and then has a low level api like scorpio does.
Old 08-03-17, 02:10 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Makes me wonder how this will relate to things like async compute and this is query more then anything but isnt ryzen in scorpia, or should i say raven ridge. If that is the case could we see something akin to it sees zen and then has a low level api like scorpio does.
Nothing has been revealed about Scorpio's CPU yet, though I think a Ryzen upgrade would be too soon, especially since the Xbone is an 8-core.

Even if they decided to go quad-core, 8 thread it would be a really weird change when coming to playing older titles. Hard to know what Microsoft is doing with Scorpio on the CPU side.
Old 08-03-17, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Nothing has been revealed about Scorpio's CPU yet, though I think a Ryzen upgrade would be too soon, especially since the Xbone is an 8-core.

Even if they decided to go quad-core, 8 thread it would be a really weird change when coming to playing older titles. Hard to know what Microsoft is doing with Scorpio on the CPU side.

Well im not so much thinking of ryzen, but its apu brother/sister whatever it is, its just really hard to get leak and hype untangled when it comes to the scorpio, but as it is going tobe amd then i do wonder if they would go so far off zen when there main plan is to unify console gaming and pc gaming and lap up all the rewards from that plan.
Old 08-03-17, 02:30 PM

Might be a stupid question, but I'm wondering if we're able to start actual ordinary (or heavy duty) software in game mode as well for whatever reason
Productive software is most likely already coded to make use of every core in an efficient way, but maybe, just maybe, there is a little gain in performance!
GPU: ASUS GTX1070 Strix OC 8GB
PSU: Corsair TX650M
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31
Old 08-03-17, 03:37 PM
AMD Enthusiast

For games like TW where they are really really single thread bound, this would probably help quite a bit.