Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 22-02-17, 02:11 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,907
AMD announce their Ryzen 7 series of CPUs

AMD has now announced their new Ryzen 7 series 8-core of CPUs, coming with TDPs of as little as 65W and highly competitive pricing.



Read more on AMD's Ryzen 7 CPU lineup.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-02-17, 02:30 PM
Tolemac's Avatar
Tolemac Tolemac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bonkersville.UK
Posts: 2,020
I'm waiting for the four core 8 thread CPUS to be released for Mrs Tolemac her rig is showing its age now and it stops her nagging
__________________

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

STEAM ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tolemac/

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-02-17, 02:40 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,167
Ryzen 1700x is going to be my choice, it is just looking fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-02-17, 02:51 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: England
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
I'm waiting for the four core 8 thread CPUS to be released for Mrs Tolemac her rig is showing its age now and it stops her nagging
That's what I'm doing with my mrs PC. I'm going for the 1700X myself, can't justify the price hike between that and the 1800X when there's only a 200MHz difference, something you can easily achieve with a little OC
__________________
Go Hard or Go Home.

Build Log coming soon! (Or whenever my Corsair bracket arrives)
Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz | 8GB RX 480
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST RAID 0 | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair 400C Clear
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-02-17, 02:56 PM
Daiyus's Avatar
Daiyus Daiyus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 229
Now here's the question; wait for the R5 six-cores or go for the R7 1700?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-02-17, 02:57 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
That's what I'm doing with my mrs PC. I'm going for the 1700X myself, can't justify the price hike between that and the 1800X when there's only a 200MHz difference, something you can easily achieve with a little OC
I don't see the point of that either, but its still half the price of intel and beats it, a good cpu for people that want to fit and forget without any overclocking.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-02-17, 03:02 PM
Nogginthenog Nogginthenog is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
Now here's the question; wait for the R5 six-cores or go for the R7 1700?
I think the six core is the sweet spot price/performance wise myself.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22-02-17, 03:13 PM
Shingara Shingara is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 214
Well im getting the 1800x myself, i know that its only 200mhz difference on the stock and boost, but xfr is at play here, and its obvious the 1800x are the ultra binned aka black edition cpus.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-02-17, 03:18 PM
Darkdayzzz Darkdayzzz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
I don't see the point of that either, but its still half the price of intel and beats it, a good cpu for people that want to fit and forget without any overclocking.
In all honesty though if you did OC the 1700x by that 200mhz it still wouldn't increase it that much...and by that I mean if you increased it to the speeds of the 1800x it might be similar in performance to it..or it might be lower or higher. All of that type of thinking is a gamble until we see benchmarks and OC3D does internal testing on them to figure out all the variables we still don't know (single core performance, thread performance, etc)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22-02-17, 03:28 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
In all honesty though if you did OC the 1700x by that 200mhz it still wouldn't increase it that much...and by that I mean if you increased it to the speeds of the 1800x it might be similar in performance to it..or it might be lower or higher. All of that type of thinking is a gamble until we see benchmarks and OC3D does internal testing on them to figure out all the variables we still don't know (single core performance, thread performance, etc)
Oh absolutely, i need to see reviews, But there is no question really, that value for money wise, amd is just slamming their nail home and i wouldn't care that much if they were behind a little to intels in whatever test, there will always be a benchmark in favor of the competition and that is fine, but what that video showed was prettymuch what the general public wanted and needed to see, and i think amd is in a great position here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.