Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-02-17, 02:11 PM
News Guru

AMD announce their Ryzen 7 series of CPUs

AMD has now announced their new Ryzen 7 series 8-core of CPUs, coming with TDPs of as little as 65W and highly competitive pricing.

Read more on AMD's Ryzen 7 CPU lineup.

Old 22-02-17, 02:30 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm waiting for the four core 8 thread CPUS to be released for Mrs Tolemac her rig is showing its age now and it stops her nagging

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

STEAM ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tolemac/

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 22-02-17, 02:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Ryzen 1700x is going to be my choice, it is just looking fantastic.
Old 22-02-17, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
I'm waiting for the four core 8 thread CPUS to be released for Mrs Tolemac her rig is showing its age now and it stops her nagging
That's what I'm doing with my mrs PC. I'm going for the 1700X myself, can't justify the price hike between that and the 1800X when there's only a 200MHz difference, something you can easily achieve with a little OC

Build Log coming soon! (Or whenever my Corsair bracket arrives)
Ryzen 1700X | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz | 8GB RX 480
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST RAID 0 | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair 400C Clear
Old 22-02-17, 02:56 PM

Now here's the question; wait for the R5 six-cores or go for the R7 1700?
Old 22-02-17, 02:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
That's what I'm doing with my mrs PC. I'm going for the 1700X myself, can't justify the price hike between that and the 1800X when there's only a 200MHz difference, something you can easily achieve with a little OC
I don't see the point of that either, but its still half the price of intel and beats it, a good cpu for people that want to fit and forget without any overclocking.
Old 22-02-17, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiyus View Post
Now here's the question; wait for the R5 six-cores or go for the R7 1700?
I think the six core is the sweet spot price/performance wise myself.
Old 22-02-17, 03:13 PM

Well im getting the 1800x myself, i know that its only 200mhz difference on the stock and boost, but xfr is at play here, and its obvious the 1800x are the ultra binned aka black edition cpus.
Old 22-02-17, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
I don't see the point of that either, but its still half the price of intel and beats it, a good cpu for people that want to fit and forget without any overclocking.
In all honesty though if you did OC the 1700x by that 200mhz it still wouldn't increase it that much...and by that I mean if you increased it to the speeds of the 1800x it might be similar in performance to it..or it might be lower or higher. All of that type of thinking is a gamble until we see benchmarks and OC3D does internal testing on them to figure out all the variables we still don't know (single core performance, thread performance, etc)
Old 22-02-17, 03:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
In all honesty though if you did OC the 1700x by that 200mhz it still wouldn't increase it that much...and by that I mean if you increased it to the speeds of the 1800x it might be similar in performance to it..or it might be lower or higher. All of that type of thinking is a gamble until we see benchmarks and OC3D does internal testing on them to figure out all the variables we still don't know (single core performance, thread performance, etc)
Oh absolutely, i need to see reviews, But there is no question really, that value for money wise, amd is just slamming their nail home and i wouldn't care that much if they were behind a little to intels in whatever test, there will always be a benchmark in favor of the competition and that is fine, but what that video showed was prettymuch what the general public wanted and needed to see, and i think amd is in a great position here.