Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-02-17, 10:37 AM
News Guru

AMD Ryzen 1600X benchmarks leak

Benchmarks for AMD's upcoming Ryzen 1600X have leaked, revealing exactly how well AMD's new 6-core, 12-thread CPU can perform.

Read more on AMD's Ryzen performance.

Old 17-02-17, 10:46 AM
OC3D Elite

For comparison purposes, we used a Core i5-7600K running in our test rig and loaded the same CPU-z version (v1.78.1 x64).

This is not a conclusive result but the multi-threaded performance is really good for the AMD part. This chip is expected to retail at $259 US which is $17 more than the $242 asking price of the Intel part.

Just read that on WCCF. So wait.. Let me get my head around this. The six core 12 thread AMD Ryzen chip costs $17 more than a I5.

Hory shet.

Oh, the 7600k is an I7. Oh well, seems I was right (this is after digging for more info). It seems AMD are going to match Intel on prices but offer more at every step. So I7 for I5 money etc.

Just shows how much attention I gave Kaby though.

Edit again. No it isn't an I7. Hory shet. Damn Intel and their confusing number scheme. If we just add a 6 in place of a 5 we can charge 50% more !

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 17-02-17, 12:02 PM
too many shrooms

Good to see this cpu performing well as this is the one I'm most interested in personally
Old 17-02-17, 12:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
Good to see this cpu performing well as this is the one I'm most interested in personally
It should definitely be the sweet spot for a few years to come. Then you can upgrade to an 8 core if we start seeing heavier loads.

I strongly suspect Intel will hit back with a 6 core desktop CPU. They have to. Which means we will finally start taking baby steps forward when it comes to core loads etc.

Old 17-02-17, 12:08 PM
OC3D Elite

I still take it with a pinch of salt, BUT i cannot deny it is looking very likely my trusty old ivy bridge is getting replaced this year in favor for a ryzen cpu.
Old 17-02-17, 12:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
I still take it with a pinch of salt, BUT i cannot deny it is looking very likely my trusty old ivy bridge is getting replaced this year in favor for a ryzen cpu.
The last product/price stack looked spot on to me. I also think I am in agreement with AdoredTV, these leaks are deliberate. Sort of like a way for AMD to dangle the carrot to make sure people pay attention on release day.

I'm still quite torn personally. I guess if I did upgrade my 5820k at least I wouldn't have to buy any memory which is a bonus.

I won't jump on it on day one though. Got a couple of lean months coming up any way, which should give me time to analyse it all properly and make the right decision. I just don't think I need it, which does make me kinda sad

Old 17-02-17, 12:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
The last product/price stack looked spot on to me. I also think I am in agreement with AdoredTV, these leaks are deliberate. Sort of like a way for AMD to dangle the carrot to make sure people pay attention on release day.

I'm still quite torn personally. I guess if I did upgrade my 5820k at least I wouldn't have to buy any memory which is a bonus.

I won't jump on it on day one though. Got a couple of lean months coming up any way, which should give me time to analyse it all properly and make the right decision. I just don't think I need it, which does make me kinda sad
Yep i see where you coming from on that one, but, it is genuinely exciting to see this happening and the promise of true competition in the market is just incredible, we so badly need that.

See the thing is, i have a rma'd msi x99 gaming 7 board laying here and 16gb of memory, all it needed was that 5820k i been looking at, but with amd's lineup looking as insanely good value for money as it is, i just cant justify spending 450 euro currently on a new 5820k, which socket is looking to be replaced this year, kinda feels like pointing a bazooka towards my feet.

Day one wont happen for me, i want all the available review and benchmark data and i want the bios to mature for a month or 2 before i would buy ryzen.
Old 17-02-17, 12:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Stock 5820k 2133mhz ram.

Overclocked to 4.5ghz

And...

$17 more than an I5.. $17 more than an I5...

Wow, no wonder Intel have been making so many claims lately. Maybe I will save up and get an 8 core after all lol.

Old 17-02-17, 12:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Until AMD comes out with a CPU that beats Intel bye 25-50% until then i'm not even interested.

Until then i will be sticking with Intel.
Old 17-02-17, 12:50 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Until AMD comes out with a CPU that beats Intel bye 25-50% until then i'm not even interested.

Until then i will be sticking with Intel.
25 - 50% be realistic dude, that's never going to happen and if by some miracle they did pull it off you'd be paying through the nose for such an increase in performance. So Intel would then become the affordable underdog..

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein