Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-02-17, 10:27 AM
Average Penis Too

Ryzen - AM4 feature roundup

With the launch of Ryzen approaching, we take a look at the features of AMD's latest AM4 platform.

Read more on AMD's new AM4 platform.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 16-02-17, 11:59 AM
OC3D Elite

I absolutely love what amd is doing with ryzen and given the prices of these products compared to intel, i really wouldn't care if ryzen is slightly behind intel in performance, the value for money seems quite insane and this should scare intel properly.
Old 16-02-17, 03:33 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Yeah I just hope they can deliver, the hype train is strong. Derailing would be catastrophic
Old 16-02-17, 06:46 PM
OC3D Crew

does look impressive and I am confident the hype is real
Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H | A10-6800k mild oc | Antec H1200 | Hyperx 1866 2 x 8gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 140gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 16-02-17, 08:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Yeah I just hope they can deliver, the hype train is strong. Derailing would be catastrophic
Have a look for AdoredTV's latest video.

A partner company (OEM) leaked a benchmark for the 1700X (apparently). Adored basically analyses it, sets his ram to the same speed etc etc. By far the most accurate info we have yet and possibly 100% genuine.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 16-02-17, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Have a look for AdoredTV's latest video.

A partner company (OEM) leaked a benchmark for the 1700X (apparently). Adored basically analyses it, sets his ram to the same speed etc etc. By far the most accurate info we have yet and possibly 100% genuine.

Ye, i have seen that, seems ram is going tobe very important when setting up your machine and choice of products to use with what cpu.
Old 16-02-17, 09:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Ye, i have seen that, seems ram is going tobe very important when setting up your machine and choice of products to use with what cpu.
Seems to be with all modern CPUs. He's spot on though really. My Alienware came with 2133 DDR4 and just lately I have been benching it and you can tell that it's pretty crap. I mean don't get me wrong it's fast enough for me but when I compare to these guys clocking the absolute crap out of their ram my scores are just total poo.

By now I would usually have gotten something much better and much faster but with RAM prices as they are they can shove it. I don't care about these fires, floods, etc. They should have better flood protection and forking insurance.

Passing the buck onto your customers has always been a bit crap really.

It's funny dude, because just lately about everything you can buy for a PC has been milked so hard that I really don't want any of it. GPUs are a joke, Asus want £200 for a keyboard and ram prices have doubled.. Yeah, I'm out.

Old 16-02-17, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Seems to be with all modern CPUs. He's spot on though really. My Alienware came with 2133 DDR4 and just lately I have been benching it and you can tell that it's pretty crap. I mean don't get me wrong it's fast enough for me but when I compare to these guys clocking the absolute crap out of their ram my scores are just total poo.

By now I would usually have gotten something much better and much faster but with RAM prices as they are they can shove it. I don't care about these fires, floods, etc. They should have better flood protection and forking insurance.

Passing the buck onto your customers has always been a bit crap really.

It's funny dude, because just lately about everything you can buy for a PC has been milked so hard that I really don't want any of it. GPUs are a joke, Asus want £200 for a keyboard and ram prices have doubled.. Yeah, I'm out.

I think that what you have described is the apple mentality thats leaked into everything outside of amd, amd to a bit but no where near everything else, you want rgb's bang, pay the tax, you want a peice of glass instead of plastic, bang, pay the tax.

With ram, i see it like opec, stuff is to cheap, they all get together and ooo dont make so many, ye make those prices go up, but ever notice just like oil, when the price goes up it stays up, when the production costs go down, be it petrol or parts, the price stays high, now why is that.
Old 16-02-17, 09:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
I think that what you have described is the apple mentality thats leaked into everything outside of amd, amd to a bit but no where near everything else, you want rgb's bang, pay the tax, you want a peice of glass instead of plastic, bang, pay the tax.

With ram, i see it like opec, stuff is to cheap, they all get together and ooo dont make so many, ye make those prices go up, but ever notice just like oil, when the price goes up it stays up, when the production costs go down, be it petrol or parts, the price stays high, now why is that.
haha yeah man true dat !

It's like the whole chocolate bar thing in the UK. They have basically shrunk to about half the size. Companies say they are doing it to lower the sugar and calories ETC but they are still charging the same bloody price !

I'm a bit of a fan of Lee Evans. I love that sketch he did about everything being a rip off, and how companies were removing crap from their products and boasting about it.

"What's next? a bottle with f*** all in it? (then pretends to tip it over his head).. MUST be good for me ! it's got nothing in it !!"

Old 16-02-17, 10:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Meh.....Meh

Yep i'm a Intel fan boy Hahaha