Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 14-02-17, 11:09 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,972
Disney/Maker Studios drop Pewdiepie from their multi-channel network

Disney/Maker Studios drop Pewdiepie from their multi-channel network after allegations of anti-Semitic behaviour.



Read more on Disney/Maker dropping PewDiePie from their Multi-channel network.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-02-17, 11:13 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,766
Quiet day in news-worthy-news land I guess?
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-02-17, 11:22 AM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Quiet day in news-worthy-news land I guess?
All of this!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-02-17, 11:40 AM
tolagarf's Avatar
tolagarf tolagarf is online now
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 485
I'll just put on my /care face
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-02-17, 12:01 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 2,781
Can we please drop pointless articles like this?

Id rather have nothing, and focus on current threads than see these pop up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-02-17, 12:09 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Quiet day in news-worthy-news land I guess?
While Pewdiepie news does not get much discussion here, a lot of people do comment and discuss it on social media.

Today is a rather slow news day, no new leaks etc or releases. Have testing for Sniper Elite 4 and For Honor to keep me busy though.


The article has also been updated with news that YouTube has cancelled the second season of "scare Pewdiepie" and removed him from their "Google Preferred Advertising Program".

This seems like the end of PewDiePie as we know him, so it is unlikely that he will get much more press from me in the future.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-02-17, 01:46 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
The article has also been updated with news that YouTube has cancelled the second season of "scare Pewdiepie" and removed him from their "Google Preferred Advertising Program".

This seems like the end of PewDiePie as we know him, so it is unlikely that he will get much more press from me in the future.
In the nicest possible way, and with every respect fella.. literally couldn't care less. This is a hardware news/review site.. not Facebook, or a buzzfeed or YouTube Trending RSS feed.. Facebook is filled with worthless shills and as proven lately, a bunch of clickbait bull 'news'.

I get that it's quiet and I know how hard you work and have total respect for that. But in my humble opinion, (be that as it may) I don't believe any of that really belongs here, When a thread about pewdewprat is above people's long-worked-on builds, I think it's time to re-evaluate the content.
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14-02-17, 02:25 PM
Dark NighT's Avatar
Dark NighT Dark NighT is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,170
^ what Sub said, couldn't say it better myself, i've hinted at this in the previous pewdiepie thread that got blown up and derailed massively into arguments among ourselves, on a tech forum.

All the tech articles you do are absolutely great and you should not be discouraged by these posts at all, but the brake pedal should be pressed and when its quiet on the news front, just wait till something tech pops up.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14-02-17, 03:00 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Quiet day in news-worthy-news land I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
In the nicest possible way, and with every respect fella.. literally couldn't care less. This is a hardware news/review site.. not Facebook, or a buzzfeed or YouTube Trending RSS feed.. Facebook is filled with worthless shills and as proven lately, a bunch of clickbait bull 'news'.

I get that it's quiet and I know how hard you work and have total respect for that. But in my humble opinion, (be that as it may) I don't believe any of that really belongs here, When a thread about pewdewprat is above people's long-worked-on builds, I think it's time to re-evaluate the content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
^ what Sub said, couldn't say it better myself, i've hinted at this in the previous pewdiepie thread that got blown up and derailed massively into arguments among ourselves, on a tech forum.

All the tech articles you do are absolutely great and you should not be discouraged by these posts at all, but the brake pedal should be pressed and when its quiet on the news front, just wait till something tech pops up.
I do agree with what you guys are saying and agree that it is a problem that some fantastic build logs and community threads can be overshadowed by news content, especially when it is not strictly "tech news".

Please note that I take no offence to these criticisms, in fact, I thank you for it as thoughts like these can result in some very constructive changes for the site.

Within the next month, Tom and I will be meeting up (face-to-face) and will be discussing the future of the site and the content that we produce here. We will also be talking about changes to the forums, with plans to potentially feature more build logs on the main website and hold more community events.

The topic of "news curation" will be discussed, as well as changes that we hope to implement on the website in both the short and long term.
__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14-02-17, 03:38 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 972
It's nice to see that you guys are willing to make changes. I'm not suggesting that a change needs to be made but that it's nice to see the admins are willing to change if there is a need for it. So many other sites and forums fail to do this and it is usually their downfall.
__________________
MSI Z97 Gaming 7 ⁞⁞ 4670K 4.5Ghz ⁞⁞ Nepton 240M ⁞⁞ ASUS Fury Strix ⁞⁞ Fury 16GB ⁞⁞ Define R4 ⁞⁞ AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung EVO 120 & 500GB ⁞⁞ WD 1TB & 3TB
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX ⁞⁞ Fidelio X2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.