Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 13-01-17, 08:00 AM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,065
OCUK Infin8 Empress Mk3 System Review



Has the Kaby Lake range whetted your appetite for a new system? Do you want one that has the very best it is possible to put into a case? OCUK can scratch that itch...


OCUK Infin8 Empress Mk3 System Review

__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-01-17, 08:08 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
For the price they want you would think they would use a better SLi bridge lol
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-01-17, 09:01 AM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
For the price they want you would think they would use a better SLi bridge lol
Haha yeah and the fact that the 950 Pro has it's sticker upside down lol (which the new 960's doesn't).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-01-17, 10:33 AM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 20,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
For the price they want you would think they would use a better SLi bridge lol
Rigid HB SLI bridge actually comes in the mobo box now too. Not sure if this was an early sample or something but all mine have them.
__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-01-17, 10:39 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Rigid HB SLI bridge actually comes in the mobo box now too. Not sure if this was an early sample or something but all mine have them.
What i'm saying is i thought they would have put like a ROG HB SLi bridge on it unless it does come with one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-01-17, 03:23 PM
singleton99's Avatar
singleton99 singleton99 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 13
Wel im with all you here , first thing i noticed was the lack of a HB sli bridge , which is proven to give better sli performance with the pascal cards
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-01-17, 04:03 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton99 View Post
Wel im with all you here , first thing i noticed was the lack of a HB sli bridge , which is proven to give better sli performance with the pascal cards
proven where?

It's already been proved it's JUST two normal SLi Bridges. The only difference really is rigidity, longevity (though, honestly how often do you move it that it would break anyway) and looks.

It's snake oil chap.
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-01-17, 03:43 AM
King of Old Old School King of Old Old School is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
proven where?

It's already been proved it's JUST two normal SLi Bridges. The only difference really is rigidity, longevity (though, honestly how often do you move it that it would break anyway) and looks.

It's snake oil chap.
The HB SLi bridges look a hell alot better than that crap they have put on there.

Who cares if it's snake oil it's all about building nice system not put cheap ass SLi bridges.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19-01-17, 09:20 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
The HB SLi bridges look a hell alot better than that crap they have put on there.

Who cares if it's snake oil it's all about building nice system not put cheap ass SLi bridges.
I'm not disagreeing with the looks at all, but that is the only reason to have one. They were introduced as the only way to get the higher bandwidth, but it's been proven that's not true, they are JUST two standard SLi Bridges, stuck together and some have a fancy outer shell.

They're just Sli'd SLI bridges, in effect lol
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19-01-17, 10:38 AM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'm not disagreeing with the looks at all, but that is the only reason to have one. They were introduced as the only way to get the higher bandwidth, but it's been proven that's not true, they are JUST two standard SLi Bridges, stuck together and some have a fancy outer shell.

They're just Sli'd SLI bridges, in effect lol
The tests I saw it was HB vs 1 SLI bridge which is fair enough. They did also explain that this is essentially just 2 bridges.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.