Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 29-12-16, 12:49 PM
The Guvnor

Razer Deathadder Elite and Gigantus Mousepad Review

Razer have upgraded the sensor on their very popular Deathadder mouse, and we take a look to see how the Elite fares.

Razer Deathadder Elite and Gigantus Mousepad Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 29-12-16, 04:47 PM

i think point of more dpi is similar to anti-aliasing,maybe way overkill but why not when there is technology available.

on picture should be circle motion , from A to B is high dpi ,from B to C and from C to D is 5x lower dpi so all fine movement in between is lost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MSBpldfig13.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	11699  
Old 29-12-16, 05:26 PM

Using the deathadder chroma. I turned down the dpi to 1500. Any higher and it feels like i have a muscle cramp. The mouse flying over the screen like roadrunner. Seeing al these really high dpi mice nowadays I have a hard imagine what the dickens you need or use it for. But I am a old fart is propably the reason why
Old 29-12-16, 11:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelis View Post
Using the deathadder chroma. I turned down the dpi to 1500. Any higher and it feels like i have a muscle cramp. The mouse flying over the screen like roadrunner. Seeing al these really high dpi mice nowadays I have a hard imagine what the dickens you need or use it for. But I am a old fart is propably the reason why
I had my DeathAdder (3.5 IIRC?) turned down also.

I think it's basically aimed at marketing - Highest number wins. I'm sure there are people out there that can and will use those settings but it's certainly not average old me.

Old 30-12-16, 01:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelis View Post
Nothing to do with being older, I've been using a max of 1000DPI since I started gaming on PC when I was 15, 15 years ago.

I've never seen the attraction of super high DPI, It makes aiming much harder.
Old 30-12-16, 07:23 AM
OC3D Elite

I wonder how high/what DPI professional gamers use? Like FPS professionals etc?...
Old 30-12-16, 07:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I wonder how high/what DPI professional gamers use? Like FPS professionals etc?...
A German CSGO pro I met about 3 years ago played with 1200 but turned ingame sensitivity down, It seems the popular setting is around 1000DPI plus or minus a few hundred either side.

This is just from my extremely limited experience with talking to pro players.
Old 31-12-16, 04:05 AM
OC3D Elite

When i owned my Razer keyboard & Mouse they were the biggest P.O.S. for Keyboards & Mouse that i have ever brought over price crap and the software was a P.O.S. Even my Logitech 5 year old Keyboard & mouse what better than any Razer crap.

I just don't understand have people can rave on how good Razer products are to me there way over priced for what they are.
Old 31-12-16, 04:16 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
When i owned my Razer keyboard & Mouse they were the biggest P.O.S. for Keyboards & Mouse that i have ever brought over price crap and the software was a P.O.S. Even my Logitech 5 year old Keyboard & mouse what better than any Razer crap.

I just don't understand have people can rave on how good Razer products are to me there way over priced for what they are.
Their Blackwidow X Chroma is built like a tank, Surprisingly really good build quality, Infact most of their stuff within the last 12+ months has been solid.
Old 31-12-16, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post

Well honestly I did had the same idea`s. But must admit i am wrong. The deathadder feels rather sturdy. And withhout any flashy stuff poking out my eyes.