Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 09-12-16, 04:23 PM
News Guru

DirectX 12 support will be officially coming to The Division next week

DirectX 12 support will be officially coming to The Division next week, as well as improve performance at high resolutions and heavy CPU loads.

Read more on The Division's upcoming DirectX 12 update.

Old 09-12-16, 04:24 PM
Resident Newb

Yay, Less performance for Nvidia users, Woooot.................. XD

Old 09-12-16, 04:26 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Hopefully the final version will work better than the beta, hopefully I will be ready and able to test this when it goes live.
Old 10-12-16, 12:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Be happy

You should have seen the performance drop of my 980tis in DX 12 before I replaced em with 1080s. Its better, but by no means anywhere near what a proper implementation would bring.

Watercooling - custom
Old 10-12-16, 12:58 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiro View Post
Be happy

You should have seen the performance drop of my 980tis in DX 12 before I replaced em with 1080s. Its better, but by no means anywhere near what a proper implementation would bring.
It wouldn't help that much unless it was specifically designed for Pascal. As it is, it really only benefits AMD because of there ability to do Compute and Graphic processing concurrently. It could help Nvidia, but there's only so much they can do while they wait for the pipeline to clear up. I bet whatever is after Pascal should solve this problem tho
Old 10-12-16, 01:57 AM
OC3D Elite

I dont know. Pascal is defo handling DX12 better than Maxwell. Got worse performance drops with Maxwell.

Might want to read my post properly though. I didnt state that it would help nVidia on the performance side. Dont know what your on about.

Watercooling - custom
Old 10-12-16, 04:48 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
I dont know. Pascal is defo handling DX12 better than Maxwell. Got worse performance drops with Maxwell.

Might want to read my post properly though. I didnt state that it would help nVidia on the performance side. Dont know what your on about.
Quote:
Be happy

Sure did read it. Then also expanded upon your comment. What's wrong with what I did?
Pascal is handling it better yes, but it's still bad. Because again, still slower to switch tasks than processing both at the same time.
Old 10-12-16, 08:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Gave up on this ages ago. Too many bullet sponges and far too hard for the fun being offered back.

Co op was fun but yeah, way too hard.

Old 10-12-16, 10:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Gave up on this ages ago. Too many bullet sponges and far too hard for the fun being offered back.

Co op was fun but yeah, way too hard.
It's alot better now, but I just avoid the Dark Zone as everyone is running with Flame Turrets and Alpha Bridge Assault Rifle builds, which ruin the whole experience.

Survival is fun but it's best in a group in case you mess up and need to be revived and run out of med kits.

As for the DX12 I will try it and see what it's like but the game still runs like crap on my 980Ti's at 1080p and 4K is not even worth attempting but will see how it goes when this patch drops.
Old 10-12-16, 11:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It wouldn't help that much unless it was specifically designed for Pascal. As it is, it really only benefits AMD because of there ability to do Compute and Graphic processing concurrently. It could help Nvidia, but there's only so much they can do while they wait for the pipeline to clear up. I bet whatever is after Pascal should solve this problem tho
That part. Read the context. I was simply stating that it is better on Pascal than on Maxwell. I didnt say that this would bring good performance for nVidia Pascal or Maxwell. Its not like its news that AMD can support DX12 properly.

Watercooling - custom