Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-12-16, 01:02 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,856
Xbox's Project Scorpio will not compete with high-end PCs

Xbox's Phil Spencer has announced that they are aiming for a console price-point and that they are not trying to compete with high-end gaming PCs.



Read more on Xbox One Project Scorpio not aiming to be a PC competitor.

__________________
I'm not saying that 1984 is a bad book, but the dystopia we are currently living in has much better worldbuilding.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-16, 05:29 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 12,790
And this is news because?????
We all know it can't compete. I mean the price point target confirmation is nice to see but the PS3 came out at $600 back in the day.. so they could do that. But he says it like it won't be that high. So hopefully not, otherwise that's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-16, 07:06 PM
Damien c Damien c is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North West UK
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
And this is news because?????
We all know it can't compete. I mean the price point target confirmation is nice to see but the PS3 came out at $600 back in the day.. so they could do that. But he says it like it won't be that high. So hopefully not, otherwise that's ridiculous.

It's news because not all people who are on this forum are just pc users.

I game on my pc, as well as on a Xbox One and now a PS4 not the pro version as it's not worth it, but I do plan on getting a "Scorpio".

The sooner that consoles allow keyboard and mouse support in games, the better because to be honest I will stop playing FPS games on the PC then and just have a pc purely for Elite Dangerous and video editing, because I prefer playing on a console now and not having to deal with Aimbots and Wallhacks in nearly all games where they can be used.
__________________
Main PC - I7 6700K, 32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz, MSI Z170 Gaming M7, 980Ti SLI, 840 Evo 500Gb, 2x 3TB WD Red, Corsair RM 1KW (White cables kit), Custom CPU Loop, Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-16, 07:44 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 11,315
Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Well it's going to be 6TFLOPS and by the time it comes out next year we will either be on Volta or the Pascal refresh which will be easily over 10TFLOPS of power so yeah, To Microsoft - "No s*** Sherlock"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-16, 09:36 PM
spolsh spolsh is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 43
To release Holiday 2017 .... So it'll only be released if I go away or something ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-16, 09:39 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 12,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
It's news because not all people who are on this forum are just pc users.

I game on my pc, as well as on a Xbox One and now a PS4 not the pro version as it's not worth it, but I do plan on getting a "Scorpio".

The sooner that consoles allow keyboard and mouse support in games, the better because to be honest I will stop playing FPS games on the PC then and just have a pc purely for Elite Dangerous and video editing, because I prefer playing on a console now and not having to deal with Aimbots and Wallhacks in nearly all games where they can be used.
Your point? I game on pS4 and Xbox too, however it shouldn't be news that a console is not competing with a high end PC. Anyone who has any basic understanding of hardware would know this, PC or Console player.
(Not disrespecting Mark here or anything, just surprised this is news that sites are reporting)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-16, 08:44 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,844
And in other news, Water is wet! Startling revelations!
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-16, 08:48 AM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by spolsh View Post
To release Holiday 2017 .... So it'll only be released if I go away or something ?
Yeah I don't like the way they call it Holiday either..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-16, 11:15 PM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Yeah I don't like the way they call it Holiday either..
I guess it depends where the press release is targeted for but it's a global industry and a global audience now so surely it's not that hard for them to say "June 2017"

I also hate 'Coming Fall 2017...' particularly for movie trailers. Not only do you have to translate to Autumn, you also have to Geo-localize it. So for me that means Spring.

First world problems

back on topic - I think it's a good thing for MS to be clear about capability and the market position as far as Scorpio goes. Sony are marketing the PS4 Pro as 4K gaming but I doubt anyone would legitimately get 4K + decent Frame rates in any title. That won't stop the masses from stating it as fact, regardless of what resolution it's actually outputting.
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-12-16, 07:29 AM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
I guess it depends where the press release is targeted for but it's a global industry and a global audience now so surely it's not that hard for them to say "June 2017"

I also hate 'Coming Fall 2017...' particularly for movie trailers. Not only do you have to translate to Autumn, you also have to Geo-localize it. So for me that means Spring.

First world problems

back on topic - I think it's a good thing for MS to be clear about capability and the market position as far as Scorpio goes. Sony are marketing the PS4 Pro as 4K gaming but I doubt anyone would legitimately get 4K + decent Frame rates in any title. That won't stop the masses from stating it as fact, regardless of what resolution it's actually outputting.
I thought Holiday 2017 meant Christmas 2017, but I can't actually find a definitive answer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.