Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 07-12-16, 01:02 PM
News Guru

Xbox's Project Scorpio will not compete with high-end PCs

Xbox's Phil Spencer has announced that they are aiming for a console price-point and that they are not trying to compete with high-end gaming PCs.

Read more on Xbox One Project Scorpio not aiming to be a PC competitor.

Old 07-12-16, 05:29 PM
AMD Enthusiast

And this is news because?????
We all know it can't compete. I mean the price point target confirmation is nice to see but the PS3 came out at $600 back in the day.. so they could do that. But he says it like it won't be that high. So hopefully not, otherwise that's ridiculous.
Old 07-12-16, 07:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
And this is news because?????
We all know it can't compete. I mean the price point target confirmation is nice to see but the PS3 came out at $600 back in the day.. so they could do that. But he says it like it won't be that high. So hopefully not, otherwise that's ridiculous.

It's news because not all people who are on this forum are just pc users.

I game on my pc, as well as on a Xbox One and now a PS4 not the pro version as it's not worth it, but I do plan on getting a "Scorpio".

The sooner that consoles allow keyboard and mouse support in games, the better because to be honest I will stop playing FPS games on the PC then and just have a pc purely for Elite Dangerous and video editing, because I prefer playing on a console now and not having to deal with Aimbots and Wallhacks in nearly all games where they can be used.
Old 07-12-16, 07:44 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Well it's going to be 6TFLOPS and by the time it comes out next year we will either be on Volta or the Pascal refresh which will be easily over 10TFLOPS of power so yeah, To Microsoft - "No s*** Sherlock"
Old 07-12-16, 09:36 PM

To release Holiday 2017 .... So it'll only be released if I go away or something ?
Old 07-12-16, 09:39 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
It's news because not all people who are on this forum are just pc users.

I game on my pc, as well as on a Xbox One and now a PS4 not the pro version as it's not worth it, but I do plan on getting a "Scorpio".

The sooner that consoles allow keyboard and mouse support in games, the better because to be honest I will stop playing FPS games on the PC then and just have a pc purely for Elite Dangerous and video editing, because I prefer playing on a console now and not having to deal with Aimbots and Wallhacks in nearly all games where they can be used.
Your point? I game on pS4 and Xbox too, however it shouldn't be news that a console is not competing with a high end PC. Anyone who has any basic understanding of hardware would know this, PC or Console player.
(Not disrespecting Mark here or anything, just surprised this is news that sites are reporting)
Old 08-12-16, 08:44 AM
The Webmaster

And in other news, Water is wet! Startling revelations!
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 08-12-16, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolsh View Post
To release Holiday 2017 .... So it'll only be released if I go away or something ?
Yeah I don't like the way they call it Holiday either..
Old 08-12-16, 11:15 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Yeah I don't like the way they call it Holiday either..
I guess it depends where the press release is targeted for but it's a global industry and a global audience now so surely it's not that hard for them to say "June 2017"

I also hate 'Coming Fall 2017...' particularly for movie trailers. Not only do you have to translate to Autumn, you also have to Geo-localize it. So for me that means Spring.

First world problems

back on topic - I think it's a good thing for MS to be clear about capability and the market position as far as Scorpio goes. Sony are marketing the PS4 Pro as 4K gaming but I doubt anyone would legitimately get 4K + decent Frame rates in any title. That won't stop the masses from stating it as fact, regardless of what resolution it's actually outputting.

Old 09-12-16, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
I guess it depends where the press release is targeted for but it's a global industry and a global audience now so surely it's not that hard for them to say "June 2017"

I also hate 'Coming Fall 2017...' particularly for movie trailers. Not only do you have to translate to Autumn, you also have to Geo-localize it. So for me that means Spring.

First world problems

back on topic - I think it's a good thing for MS to be clear about capability and the market position as far as Scorpio goes. Sony are marketing the PS4 Pro as 4K gaming but I doubt anyone would legitimately get 4K + decent Frame rates in any title. That won't stop the masses from stating it as fact, regardless of what resolution it's actually outputting.
I thought Holiday 2017 meant Christmas 2017, but I can't actually find a definitive answer.