Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 06-12-16, 07:32 PM
The Guvnor

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Review

With the prevalence of Space Sims and a resurgence in the Flight Sim market thanks to DCS World, it's time to take a look at Thrustmasters latest HOTAS.

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 07-12-16, 12:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Good to know that I made the right choice in buying this HOTAS combo then thanks guy's it's as if this review was made for me
NZXT Phantom 630 White=Intel 5930K=MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon=32gig 3000Mhz Dominator Platinums= MSI GTX980Ti Gaming 6G=Corsair H110i GT=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=CableMod RGB LED=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS
Old 07-12-16, 12:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Wow, that's a lot of dough. Excuse my ignorance (and tiredness leading to me just skimming the review) but what sort of games does this work well with? Just wondered, 'cause the last stick I used was the MS Feedback one. And it was very good I must say

Old 07-12-16, 12:44 AM
OC3D Elite

Really good review Bryan. I'd be jumping on one of these if I didn't already have an X-52. A point to note is the throttle is also available separately for anyone that already has a T16000 joystick.

It's a shame the throttle isn't reversible for lefties but if you're using the thumb hatswitch for lateral and vertical thrust and the toggle rudder for yaw control using your right hand for pitch and roll is probably pretty convenient anyways.

I've often wondered about Airbus flight decks with the stick on the left for the pilot and on the right for first officer. I wonder if the flight crew always sit that way or whether the captain calls shotgun.

It's interesting there seem to be two schools of thought on space sim control - depending on whether you have a traditional flight control upbringing (pitch/roll) or console style (pitch/yaw) as the main controls. Like anything I guess you adapt pretty quickly but I can't get out of the habit of rolling my ship before pitching in the direction I want. Must be less efficient in combat you'd think. The Last Starfighter had it right - dual sticks for gunnery all the way.

/end derail

Old 07-12-16, 12:48 PM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Wow, that's a lot of dough. Excuse my ignorance (and tiredness leading to me just skimming the review) but what sort of games does this work well with? Just wondered, 'cause the last stick I used was the MS Feedback one. And it was very good I must say
I can vouch for it working well with Elite Dangerous and DCS World's products, the sensor upgrade in it is worthit over the x-52 series, it's on-par with the accuracy of the Warthog now just a step down on build quality

Really is a neat little stick and throttle for the money.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 19-12-16, 02:29 AM

Good to see someone else has put in the hard grind for the cutter also, ED fan boys unite!
Old 19-12-16, 02:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Good to see someone else has put in the hard grind for the cutter also, ED fan boys unite!
Was great till I got ganked on the Tutumu CG by a double team interdiction. Got away the first few times (Level 4 drive tuning FTW) but should have just left the system (or gone solo play) so it cost me about 30 mil in lost ship and cargo. Oh well that's life. I don't mind getting held up for cargo but when they just kill you for fun and don't even talk it's annoying. By the time I shipped my Vette over they'd disappeared.

Old 19-12-16, 08:51 AM
OC3D Crew

Currently use a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X as my ED stick, and will definitely be upgrading to the T.16000 very soon.

Good to see a few CMDRs in here, I'm currently farming the high res sites in LP 339-7 for the current CG, and I tend to play private group to avoid griefers.