Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-12-16, 07:22 PM
News Guru

Nanoxia release their Ncore Retro keyboard

Have you ever wanted to take your typing experience back to the typewriter era, or a simple mechanical keyboard with some Retro styling? Nanoxia may just have the keyboard for you.

Read more on Nanoxia's Ncore Retro keyboard.

Old 06-12-16, 07:33 PM
too many shrooms

I'm still after a 60% keyboard myself, this looks slick but I can't see it being nice for prolonged periods of time
Old 06-12-16, 07:35 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
I'm still after a 60% keyboard myself, this looks slick but I can't see it being nice for prolonged periods of time
I want one. If there was a "buy it now" link for the Uk i don't know if I could prevent myself from buying it.
Old 06-12-16, 09:15 PM
OC3D Elite

It's nice but very expensive. Mind you, just a set of vintage caps like that cost more than the keyboard (around £130).

Still too big for me though. I don't need a numberpad.

Old 06-12-16, 09:59 PM
The Webmaster

The switches are called kailh not Kalih (unless this is a new brand?) Also those caps scream of typing finger fatigue :S

That's also pretty expensive for kailh's
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 06-12-16, 10:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
The switches are called kailh not Kalih (unless this is a new brand?) Also those caps scream of typing finger fatigue :S

That's also pretty expensive for kailh's
It is but I have been through three blue switch boards now and none seemed any different

I started out on a Cherry thing. Ugly as sin but all blues. I then switched to a Razer with Razer's blue switches and now a Magicforce using OUTEMU switches and tbh dude I really could not see any difference in any of them.

I know someone said my board was apparently crap and breaks etc but I have had it over a year and as you guys know I use it a lot and I have had no issues whatsoever.

Old 06-12-16, 10:18 PM

I have Kailh reds on my Gigabyte K85, and to be honest they are tip top keys they do lack the tactile click I'm used too with some mech keys but still they are quite underrated.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 06-12-16, 11:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I have Kailh reds on my Gigabyte K85, and to be honest they are tip top keys they do lack the tactile click I'm used too with some mech keys but still they are quite underrated.
TBH I think a lot of it is brand snobbery. On one of the forums I frequent daily they have a massive mech keyboard thread. I posted about my Magicforce and some one says the switches are crap. When I asked him to explain why they were crap he said "Because they are crap". IE he could not give me one valid reason why I would be better off with Cherrys. In the end he just said "I would rather have Cherrys" but again, no explanation as to why. To me they all feel the same and they all sound the same. Annoyingly loud tbh. I used a membrane board the other week and it was silent. So nice, but felt like I was sticking my fingers in porridge :S

I'm very clumsy and very heavy handed. I kill mice scroll wheels almost monthly and I batter the crap out of my boards and have never had any issues whatsoever. I *think* both you and I could replace them with Cherrys, IIRC they have the same fittings?

Old 07-12-16, 12:53 PM
The Webmaster

I was referring to the keycaps, not the switches I have 3 boards with Kailh's and love them all One red, one blue and one brown. All are great
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 07-12-16, 05:30 PM

I can swap out my switches for MX but I don't see the point as this board is epic as far as I'm concerned, OK a little loud and annoying for the guys on Discord to listen too but I will never go back to a membrane board now and mechs just feel more natural and responsive. I hate key switch snobs too who have no rhyme or reason, it's the (oh nice Nike Air Max why'd you pick those? Coz Nike!).

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein