Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 06-12-16, 10:48 AM
News Guru

We now know why the Samsung Note 7 exploded

Engineers over at Instrumental Technologies has analysed and has revealed exactly why the Samsung Note 7's battery exploded.

Read more on why Samsung's Galaxy note 7 failed.

Old 06-12-16, 01:06 PM

Is it that hard to create new batteries? Longer lasting etc? Phones weakest spot is battery nowadays...

I don't know if my posted article below is fake or not, but there you can read some promising news in battery science soon.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1303...r-over-the-air
Old 06-12-16, 01:31 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliG View Post
Is it that hard to create new batteries? Longer lasting etc? Phones weakest spot is battery nowadays...

I don't know if my posted article below is fake or not, but there you can read some promising news in battery science soon.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1303...r-over-the-air
The problem with battery technology is that we hear about "revolutionary new battery technologies" every few months and none of them ever seem to materialise.

One big problem here is that these new batteries usually are really hard to produce or have short life expectancies.

In the case of the Samsung Note 7 they just needed to not be as aggressive with the size of the phone, a redesigned model with some extra thickness and width could have prevented this whole issue. Would anyone even care if the phone was 1mm thicker in each dimension?

Hopefully battery technology will get better in time, but progress is a lot slower than what most people expect.
Old 06-12-16, 03:10 PM
The Webmaster

The issue with emerging battery technology is that the big companies buy it and disappear it. More reliable, safer and longer lasting batteries are absolutely not in the best interests of these companies who have almost-guaranteed sales for the life of any battery-toting product...

There were some super capacitor ones that really did look like they were going to change things that were around a few years back, created by a student, never heard about those once they hit the big news outlets.. assumed bought and stfu ordered.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 07-12-16, 12:06 AM
OC3D Elite

There was a recent one with a non-degrading battery. But hey, wonder whats going to happen to that

Now if a company like Samsung were able to nab one and find a way to get past any patents etc and then implement the battery hoho....

Watercooling - custom
Old 07-12-16, 10:00 PM

Battery

Alot if the time ut is simpky tgat the press overestinates what sciebtists have actually reported.
Simple headlining and geappibg attention without thoroughly checking the real original source, rather than some other article or release from another party etc.
1. 10% of all peer review marterials are falsifed. Shocking aye, but that is human nature for you.
2. Overstated or restated headlining from press, who are not experts in field and use their own bias.
Just think of how much information we thonk we know tpday as fact, but when truly analysed it is simply hype, soemones or some groups bias, recognised even by themsleves or not, or simply writtem to get some work done and look good

How many cure cancer, cause cancer, prove bible is false, racism, evolution prorved wrong, total crap we arw all told. Over years of it the background noise is impressive at disinformation, intenedd or not.
Battery life etc is exactly the same. Most lilely the scientists did not say any such thing. Their companies press might have had. The person writing the article might have etc.
Old 07-12-16, 10:05 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

This design must have gone through some engineers, I'm wondering whether any of them noticed the small battery compartment and whether he complained about it but got turned off because "apple makes slimmer phones than us"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you know how everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 07-12-16, 11:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelosouvlakia View Post
This design must have gone through some engineers, I'm wondering whether any of them noticed the small battery compartment and whether he complained about it but got turned off because "apple makes slimmer phones than us"
I would certainly hope not. If anything, they could have just altered the battery dimensions for a slight trade off in capacity.

Watercooling - custom
Old 08-12-16, 09:42 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger May View Post
Alot if the time ut is simpky tgat the press overestinates what sciebtists have actually reported.
Simple headlining and geappibg attention without thoroughly checking the real original source, rather than some other article or release from another party etc.
1. 10% of all peer review marterials are falsifed. Shocking aye, but that is human nature for you.
2. Overstated or restated headlining from press, who are not experts in field and use their own bias.
Just think of how much information we thonk we know tpday as fact, but when truly analysed it is simply hype, soemones or some groups bias, recognised even by themsleves or not, or simply writtem to get some work done and look good

How many cure cancer, cause cancer, prove bible is false, racism, evolution prorved wrong, total crap we arw all told. Over years of it the background noise is impressive at disinformation, intenedd or not.
Battery life etc is exactly the same. Most lilely the scientists did not say any such thing. Their companies press might have had. The person writing the article might have etc.
I think your keyboard might be broken dude
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 08-12-16, 10:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Im sorry, what was that poster ranting on about again?

Watercooling - custom