Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 02-12-16, 04:36 PM
News Guru

Watch Dogs 2 PC Performance Review

Let's have a look at Watch Dogs 2's PC performance. Have Ubisoft finally released a good PC port?

Read more on Watch Dogs 2's PC performance.

Old 02-12-16, 08:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Question, How did the VRAM usage go to 9.2GB on the 1080 when there's only 8GB of VRAM ?

Wat bee diss voodoo ?
Old 02-12-16, 09:35 PM

Daym son! Just got me a 1070, looks like I'm going to need a Titan X.. jokes 1080p is more than adequate and I'm liking the 1070 results. Top job Mark.

EDIT: P.S the sliders thing is epic!

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 03-12-16, 12:55 AM
OC3D Crew

This is why I don't play games in the first year of their release—or in this case the second. I'd rather wait when hardware has caught up. With a Fury at 1440p, I'd be looking at a mixture of medium and high settings. I didn't expect to have to do that quite so soon—and that's still only 60 FPS. I do wish this was better optimised for AMD hardware.

edit: Though, actually, now that I've looked very closely at the 4k screenshots, there really doesn't appear to be that big of a difference between Medium and Ultra. There is definitely a texture sharpness to the Ultra settings that Medium and High do not have, but there isn't a great deal I can see otherwise.
Old 03-12-16, 08:34 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Question, How did the VRAM usage go to 9.2GB on the 1080 when there's only 8GB of VRAM ?

Wat bee diss voodoo ?
For the final one, I just used the VRAM usage monitor in the settings menu. I checked the VRAM usage in-game and it used the full 8GB on the 1080.

The VRAM usage scale in the settings is very accurate.
Old 03-12-16, 12:49 PM
OC3D Crew

I'm hoping for some performance improvements in this title in the near future. I'd like to play it at ultra at 1440p w/ a single 1080 and have 60+ FPS. It's disappointing that that's currently not possible 24/7.
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Old 03-12-16, 03:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post

Wat bee diss voodoo ?
Because it uses the paging file on your hard drive. Nvidia have a name for it but I just had a brain fart so you will have to do without the name.

It's not good and causes serious input lag. Texture streaming is what they call it.

Old 03-12-16, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Because it uses the paging file on your hard drive. Nvidia have a name for it but I just had a brain fart so you will have to do without the name.

It's not good and causes serious input lag. Texture streaming is what they call it.
Texture Streaming is at game engine level, this was a huge issue when RAGE came out and disabling it for some gave a smoother game. Nvidia did fix this in a quick driver update, so as for WD2 I'd hang on a while longer and see if they do the same.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 04-12-16, 01:42 PM
OC3D Elite

They will nerf the graphics.

Talking of nerfing graphics I tried out Deus Ex today. Runs like turd, doesn't look all that good. Well, some of it is great (like the characters etc) but even at ultra it looked so so. Terrible performance too.