Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 29-11-16, 03:40 PM
News Guru

How to Disable OneDrive in Windows 10

Let's find out how to disable Microsoft OneDrive and remove it from the Windows 10 files explorer.

Learn how to disable OneDrive and how to remove it from the Windows File Explorer.

Old 31-01-17, 03:15 PM
News Guru

Just a quick update, recent Windows 10 updates have re-enabled OneDrive, though the same method that is detailed in this guide will disable it again.
Old 31-01-17, 05:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Just a quick update, recent Windows 10 updates have re-enabled OneDrive, though the same method that is detailed in this guide will disable it again.
And why do they keep re-enabling them without notifying the user of it?...
Old 31-01-17, 06:14 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
And why do they keep re-enabling them without notifying the user of it?...
Its like a program update, but its not looking to see if its there already. Just updates and that then turns everything on again

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 31-01-17, 07:26 PM
OC3D Crew

Still it should be able to detect whats installed and offer only updates present, my linux does just that so it is possible
Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H | A10-6800k mild oc | Antec H1200 | Hyperx 1866 2 x 8gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 140gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 31-01-17, 09:46 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Still it should be able to detect whats installed and offer only updates present, my linux does just that so it is possible
You can on Windows. Can have it offer updates on only Windows stuff or have it offer updates for other Windows services as well. But with Onedrive, it's part of Windows. So it offers it and it comes alongside a Windows build update too. Not that big of a deal tbh. I don't personally use it, but I have a lot of family members who use it as an extra backup in case there external drives fail. So for many people it's useful. But to most of us here, probably not.
Old 31-01-17, 11:45 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
You need to remember that Microsoft never intended this to be uninstalled, so why would they ever think it wasn't installed when they update.

Just a shame that it means that I need to manually remove One drive every once in a while.