Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 28-11-16, 07:21 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,828
XFX has unveiled their single-slot RX 460 Core Edition GPU

XFX has unveiled their new single-slot RX 460 Core Edition GPU, bringing Polaris into a smaller form factor.



Read more on XFX's single-slot RX 460 Core.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28-11-16, 09:20 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,605
Quite liking the look, sleekness and cuteness of this one. I don't like the dark grey/blackish and red scheme (like always) and lastly, that new sticker they put on the fan hub, man that looks bad and will look even worse when spinning. Since I bet my money on it's not centered on the hub.

Why do companies just not have a sticker on the fan hub? Do people look at the sticker? I remove them from my fans, looks way better in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-11-16, 05:48 AM
Doomslayer Doomslayer is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Quite liking the look, sleekness and cuteness of this one. I don't like the dark grey/blackish and red scheme (like always) and lastly, that new sticker they put on the fan hub, man that looks bad and will look even worse when spinning. Since I bet my money on it's not centered on the hub.

Why do companies just not have a sticker on the fan hub? Do people look at the sticker? I remove them from my fans, looks way better in my opinion.
The colour scheme is NOT going to change anytime soon

But there's Chrazey moaning about the colour scheme again
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-11-16, 05:51 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
The colour scheme is NOT going to change anytime soon

But there's Chrazey moaning about the colour scheme again
I'm not moaning about the colour scheme, I am simply saying my opinion on this new GPU.

You on the other hand seem to be moaning about other people's posts lately lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-11-16, 05:57 AM
Doomslayer Doomslayer is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I'm not moaning about the colour scheme, I am simply saying my opinion on this new GPU.

You on the other hand seem to be moaning about other people's posts lately lol
Faceplam

It was a damn joke dude did you not see the emotes, cause it's kinda your thing since you don't really like Black/Red.

As i said before i'm changing my colour scheme, I'm done with Black/Red.

It's not my fault if i'm finding 98% of products not appealing, I'm not going to like a product just cause everyone else likes it, That is what being called a Sheep.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29-11-16, 06:13 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Faceplam

It was a damn joke dude did you not see the emotes, cause it's kinda your thing since you don't really like Black/Red.

As i said before i'm changing my colour scheme, I'm done with Black/Red.

It's not my fault if i'm finding 98% of products not appealing, I'm not going to like a product just cause everyone else likes it, That is what being called a Sheep.
I was being sarcastic and yes I knew you were joking bud

Haha has it become my "thing" of not liking black/red?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29-11-16, 02:06 PM
BigDaddyKong's Avatar
BigDaddyKong BigDaddyKong is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,086
I remember the noise from my 8800GT single slot BFG cooler. I hope things have improved for single slots over the years.
__________________
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX850-H110i-MSI 1070-Coolermast H500-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29-11-16, 03:00 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
The colour scheme is NOT going to change anytime soon

But there's Chrazey moaning about the colour scheme again
I dont like the red either, but I really like that brushed aluminium look. Little slap of makeup on it and we could be onto a pretty sweet cooler.

Even their logo on the fan seems to fit perfect as opposed to silly dragons, and other OTT designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I was being sarcastic and yes I knew you were joking bud

Haha has it become my "thing" of not liking black/red?
You moved on from becoming mr plus one to mr i dont like the theme of black/red on things... hmm doesnt roll off the tongue. need to improve that
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29-11-16, 05:42 PM
Nine Iron Nine Iron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: St Helens, Merseyside
Posts: 154
This is what all the 460s should have been like, IMO - a slot-power-only card doesn't need these stupid shoebox heatsinks the vendors have been putting on them.
__________________
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Corsair DDR4-3200
Gainward 1070

Samsung SM961 256GB, Intel 660P 2TB
LG BH16NS40 BD-RE
Corsair SF450
Windows 10 x64

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29-11-16, 05:48 PM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
You moved on from becoming mr plus one to mr i dont like the theme of black/red on things... hmm doesnt roll off the tongue. need to improve that
Hahaha! ...I've forgotten the whole plus one thing now a days

And I've said it like 3,4 times that black and red is ASUS ROG theme colours, and now everyone is doing it. Just gotten plain boring and kind off "out spoken"... Like you can't use it with any other build, cause of the red. Atleast make it universal, with some dark grey/metallic theme like.

Such as the ASUS 1080 Strix, all black and RGB LEDs. Perfect, will suit any build
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.