Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 25-11-16, 01:54 PM
News Guru

Nitro Concepts E200 Race Series Gaming Chair Review

Let's have a look at the Nitro Concepts' new E200 Race series gaming chair, a comfortable ergonomic chair that comes with an affordable price tag.

Read more on the Nitro Concepts E200 Race series gaming chair.

Old 26-11-16, 03:20 AM
OC3D Elite

This is kinda a fail, The maximum weight is only 120Kgs IMO it should be up towards 180Kgs.
Old 26-11-16, 10:34 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
This is kinda a fail, The maximum weight is only 120Kgs IMO it should be up towards 180Kgs.
Well the safety class 4 gas lift used is good for 180KG, so it would likely be able to hold that load.

120KG is a lot of mass, almost 19 stone and that is just the mass of the user that the chair supports.
Old 26-11-16, 10:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Well the safety class 4 gas lift used is good for 180KG, so it would likely be able to hold that load.

120KG is a lot of mass, almost 19 stone and that is just the mass of the user that the chair supports.
Dude i'm about 25/26 stone in your language about 160Kgs and from what i have learn it's not the chair that's it rated for it's the Wheel Base not the chair part.
Old 26-11-16, 10:53 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Dude i'm about 25/26 stone in your language about 160Kgs and from what i have learn it's not the chair that's it rated for it's the Wheel Base not the chair part.
That is a good point, thanks. It is annoying that the chair is not designed to hold higher loads then.

I do know that is is possible to buy aftermarket bases on places like Amazon, and with some quick searching it does seem that the plastic/nylon bases only support users of up to 18st, which matches up with the weight limits seen here.

It would be possible to get an aftermarket metal base that can support heavier users, though I have not looked into the cost of that yet.

edit - I will send a tweet to Nitro Concepts and see if this chair can support higher loads if a metallic base is used.
Old 26-11-16, 11:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Problem with cheap chairs is the gas lift goes after time and you have that sinking feeling or the ass foam craps out and you end up sitting on boards.

I weigh about 17-18 stone and even I have issues with crap chairs. Mind you, in fairness I was five stone lighter up until about three years ago when I changed my meds. But yeah, chairs like these never last man.

I got a Humanscale Freedom Headrest worth about £1200 for £240 about 18 months back. Faultless chair. I would always take a real chair over one of these "racing" chairs.

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy