Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 21-11-16, 01:58 PM
The Guvnor

Corsair 460X RGB Tempered Glass case Review

Let's have a look at Corsair's new 460X chassis, enhancing the design of their existing 400c chassis with tempered glass panels, enhanced airflow and some all-new chassis features.

Corsair 460X RGB Tempered Glass case Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 21-11-16, 03:39 PM
News Guru

Does anyone else want to see one of these in white? Hell, I'd be tempted to buy a normal one and paint it white myself.
Old 22-11-16, 12:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Does anyone else want to see one of these in white? Hell, I'd be tempted to buy a normal one and paint it white myself.
The 400C comes in white so stay tuned you never know.. Would be lush tho!

I had this one in my shopping cart (thanks wifey) until I saw the 570X and now I'm tempted to go up a size. Just looks so sweet so will depend on availability.

I was originally looking at the INWIN 805 Infinity but with dual GPU's I'm not keen on the airflow of that one so then I was tossing up between the 460X and the Define C.

The Fractal is top quality and everything is in the right place. Well thought out and quality kit. Ok so not really any cons aside from plain looks.

The 460X though just looks the ducks nuts with that glass though. Mod that dust filter and you're set.

I like that the back side is hidden for those of us with cable clutter. I dislike the PSU shroud (The 270R has a much nicer version) and it's a shame the RGB fans don't have an off setting as far as the LEDs go.

All being said and done I'm happy to take the 460X over the fractal for the bling factor.

Old 22-11-16, 01:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Sorry i don't like this case at all, I don't like the fact it completely see through don't get me wrong i like temped glass but to me this case looks cheap and plastic which i know it's not.

IMO Corsair have lost there way with case design, Also i think too Corsair haven't made a good case in over 2 years back when they were making the obsidian line of cases.

Also i feel like this is kinda a rip off of another case Tom review a while ago.

Again with the DAMN RGB LED Fans sigh.
I feel the same way with this case as well.
Old 22-11-16, 02:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I feel the same way with this case as well.
Yeah this one is only half see-through. It's whatever works for you I guess! I like the looks over functionality - I'd have the InWin 805 Infinity if I was running a single GPU. The Fractals are great but I like to look at the goods and the way the fans kind of light up the room around it is really nice, screaming out for a LED strip. Just my opinion.

There's a really nice Lian Li that this looks a bit like but that was dual chamber and super expensive.

Old 22-11-16, 02:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Yeah this one is only half see-through. It's whatever works for you I guess! I like the looks over functionality - I'd have the InWin 805 Infinity if I was running a single GPU. The Fractals are great but I like to look at the goods and the way the fans kind of light up the room around it is really nice, screaming out for a LED strip. Just my opinion.

There's a really nice Lian Li that this looks a bit like but that was dual chamber and super expensive.
All of those Bands you said is not going to work for me with my next build there is only one case on the market is going to work for me.

And no it's not the EVGA one i have change my mind on it.
Old 22-11-16, 03:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
All of those Bands you said is not going to work for me with my next build there is only one case on the market is going to work for me.

And no it's not the EVGA one i have change my mind on it.
King of Old School Zero RGB:

Caselabs Case + EVGA GPU, PSU and Motherboard. EK cooling and I'm not sure what for CPU and RAM

Old 22-11-16, 03:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
King of Old School Zero RGB:

Caselabs Case + EVGA GPU, PSU and Motherboard. EK cooling and I'm not sure what for CPU and RAM
I do have the NZXT Hue+ but your correct with the case CaseLabs is the only case that will not have any over hang with the EK AIO, Every other Case on the market even this Corsair one will have OVER HANG and i'm too the point now with OVER HANG that happens in the Case makes the build look completely ugly, Memory wise it will be Corsair DOM Plats.

I'm going for a simlar build to what Jayz has but different CaseLabs case & different colours too.
Old 24-11-16, 02:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Just ordered one of these plus an SP120 RGB for the exhaust. I'll transplant everything else from my old 500R. I think I'll mount the H100 (original non-i version) on the front as intake.

I wonder what the life expectancy of an AIO is? Mine is getting on to 4+ years now.