Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 13-11-16, 06:40 PM
News Guru

Dishonored 2 PC Performance Review

It's time for a deeper look at Dishonored 2's PC performance. Does the game perform best on AMD or Nvidia GPUs?

Read more on Dishonored 2's PC performance.

Old 13-11-16, 09:00 PM
OC3D Crew

Thanks a lot for another excellent article. I appreciate all the work you (and others) do.

I read from the game's developer on Twitter that the high demands were not solely linked to the visuals. He said that the AI as well as the non-linear map design added to the weighty graphics demands. This is interesting to me as I have seen many criticise the game's visuals by saying it's doesn't match up, but if the next stage of video game design and gameplay revolves around level design and AI then I'm all for that. Crysis may have pushed the boundaries of texture quality and the Unreal Engine 4 may have done so with dynamic lighting and whatnot, maybe games like Dishonored are the future of how we will be playing these intensive games. You could also apply the same logic to games like Quantum Break with its time-manipulating gameplay and Deus Ex for its open world level design.
Old 13-11-16, 09:02 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Thanks a lot for another excellent article. I appreciate all the work you (and others) do.

I read from the game's developer on Twitter that the high demands were not solely linked to the visuals. He said that the AI as well as the non-linear map design added to the weighty graphics demands. This is interesting to me as I have seen many criticise the game's visuals by saying it's doesn't match up, but if the next stage of video game design and gameplay revolves around level design and AI then I'm all for that. Crysis may have pushed the boundaries of texture quality and the Unreal Engine 4 may have done so with dynamic lighting and whatnot, maybe games like Dishonored are the future of how we will be playing these intensive games. You could also apply the same logic to games like Quantum Break with its time-manipulating gameplay and Deus Ex for its open world level design.
Exactly, there is much more to a game than graphics along and TBH Dishonored 2 looks great. Maybe not the best looking game ever, but the facial animations are supurb and it sticks really well to its art style.
Old 13-11-16, 09:06 PM
AMD Enthusiast

That vram consumption skyrockets from Med to high yet frame differences show it doesn't change much? Losses aren't great compared to what the vram chart would show. Wonder if that's a bug? Or intentional, just add as much into memory as possible at medium?
Old 13-11-16, 09:30 PM
OC3D Crew

Thanks for the review, much appreciated! The 1440p Performance first paragraph had me worried, however looking upon the graph at ultra w/ HBAO+ I realise the frames are in the low side but I could live with that average. Hopefully future patches will improve upon this. Maybe the VRAM consumption needs addressing too?

As far as prettiness goes, this may not be number one but it fits the game and I find it very nice looking in its own way. Having said that, at the same time its high hardware requirements do not fit the graphics from what I've seen.
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p