Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 07-11-16, 09:21 AM
News Guru

The Windows 10 Store is refunding Call of Duty players because nobody is playing mult

Right now the Windows 10 Store is refunding Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare players because nobody is playing the online component of the game.

Read more on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Windows 10 Store version.

Old 07-11-16, 01:07 PM
OC3D Elite

They should have got the cross play with the xbox users working first I guess so at least there would be people to match make with - or is this more reflective on COD IW overall? The steam usage didn't look that great either. Sick of the same old I guess!

Old 07-11-16, 06:18 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Yup saw this coming
Old 07-11-16, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
They should have got the cross play with the xbox users working first I guess so at least there would be people to match make with - or is this more reflective on COD IW overall? The steam usage didn't look that great either. Sick of the same old I guess!
I suspect they didn't to avoid the console players moaning about PC player's having an 'advantage'. Forza Horizon 3 cross platform online stuff works fine.
Old 07-11-16, 07:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
I don't think they were ever going to do that, MS tried to get crossplay going before for FPS games and it failed horribly. If CoD was the same old i'd buy it because the same old would actually be good, them not sticking to what made the franchise good is what is making their games terrible.
Old 07-11-16, 09:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
I suspect they didn't to avoid the console players moaning about PC player's having an 'advantage'. Forza Horizon 3 cross platform online stuff works fine.
Is Horizons 3 worth getting on PC now? I know there were some early issues.

Old 08-11-16, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Is Horizons 3 worth getting on PC now? I know there were some early issues.
I haven't tested it on PC for a while. I'll try and go back to it this week and see if the teething issues are gone.
Old 08-11-16, 09:40 AM
The Webmaster

There's no way they can cross-play an FPS on PC/Console, it just won't be fair.

You only have to look at the different playstyles for things like the Division which shows just how different PVP is when you're limited in turn-speed. They are almost completely different games
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 08-11-16, 02:12 PM
OC3D Elite

apparently there is a 50% drop in sales for boxed sales compared to previous releases. Couple this with the poor windows sales, id say Activision are sweating a little bit.
Old 08-11-16, 02:40 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
apparently there is a 50% drop in sales for boxed sales compared to previous releases. Couple this with the poor windows sales, id say Activision are sweating a little bit.
I just hope it forces their hand to release a stand-alone version of the Modern Warfare Remaster to try and recoup their losses.