Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 22-10-16, 05:39 PM
News Guru

Civilization VI PC Performance Review

Civilization VI has finally released on PC, but how powerful does your PC need to be to forge an Empire?

Read more on Civilization VI's PC performance.

Old 23-10-16, 03:14 AM
OC3D Elite

You called it a "PC port". Wat?
/ 360 rad x 3 / dual D5 vario pumps
Old 23-10-16, 04:35 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Uh what? How are your AMD scores so bad? I'm about 100 turns in on a multiplayer game and at 1400p everything maxed I'm still hitting 80-100fps? And I'm running into my maximum fps threshold I've set within the driver(100). This is with a 480 clocked at 1303/2025 and a 6700k at 4ghz

Only time performance sucks is the leader screen. So I'm going to be dropping that down to medium as suggested, but that's my only bad performance so far?
Old 23-10-16, 07:25 AM
OC3D Elite

I had a quick go on the in game bench on my 1070. The output is in average frametimes but when converted back to fps I got the same as in the review here @2160p.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Old 23-10-16, 09:01 AM
AMD Enthusiast

I'm 150 turns in and fps is around 70-85ish. Although it could be my CPU, lots of Civs and city states take long slow turns. My FPS is definitely worse, drops to 40-50 then after jumps up to 70-85. Wonder if dx12 will help that out.
Old 23-10-16, 09:46 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
I had a quick go on the in game bench on my 1070. The output is in average frametimes but when converted back to fps I got the same as in the review here @2160p.
I didn't use the internal benchmark and worked using actual gameplay in a mid-game scenario. Moving a lot of units and battling where I could.

The results, in the end, were similar to what I could get in the benchmark, though easily the most demanding section of the game is the leader sections at max settings,
Old 23-10-16, 01:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I didn't use the internal benchmark and worked using actual gameplay in a mid-game scenario. Moving a lot of units and battling where I could.

The results, in the end, were similar to what I could get in the benchmark, though easily the most demanding section of the game is the leader sections at max settings,
I did not think you used the internal benchmark as it is a bit of a pain for what you needed.

Using actual gameplay is always better for comparing GPUs as long as it is done on the same system by the same person.

GTX 960 owner and proud of it.
Old 23-10-16, 01:55 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaapstad View Post
I did not think you used the internal benchmark as it is a bit of a pain for what you needed.

Using actual gameplay is always better for comparing GPUs as long as it is done on the same system by the same person.
Indeed, gameplay is always better for these game things, internal benchmarks can sometimes be misleading.

What some sites do not realise is that you actually need to play the games for a while to be confident in your results. I've seen other Civ VI performance articles which do not even look at the framerates when talking to leaders, which makes me thing that they haven't really played the game.