Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-10-16, 11:47 AM
News Guru

Lian Li showcases their PC-V3000 Prototype Chassis

Lian Li has showcased their latest PC-V3000 Prototype Chassis, offering support for EATX motherboards and will support a 360mm radiator at the top and a 420mm radiator on the bottom.

Read more on Lian Li's PC-V3000 Prototype chassis.

Old 17-10-16, 12:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Silver interiors in this day and age should be classed as a war crime, and those responsible prosecuted and put on trial.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 17-10-16, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Silver interiors in this day and age should be classed as a war crime, and those responsible prosecuted and put on trial.
I disagree, not all internal parts of a case need to have a painted finish. If the fit and finish of the unpainted pieces is still of a good standard, it's perfectly fine to have bare metal.
Old 17-10-16, 12:46 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleptobot View Post
I disagree, not all internal parts of a case need to have a painted finish. If the fit and finish of the unpainted pieces is still of a good standard, it's perfectly fine to have bare metal.
Also remember that this is a prototype. Do Lian Li need to go to the effort of painting it if they are still sorting out the internal design?
Old 17-10-16, 01:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Also remember that this is a prototype. Do Lian Li need to go to the effort of painting it if they are still sorting out the internal design?
I guess so if it puts every one off before they've even launched it.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 17-10-16, 03:24 PM

My god Lian Li... When will you learn to paint the internals of your cases? I swear they're staying irrelevant on purpose.
Old 17-10-16, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I agree as a prototype the internals don't need to be painted. Aside from that, I am wondering how the airflow will work in this case. I think its supposed to draw air in through the bottom side panel into the bottom radiator and exhaust out the top.

I do like the inverted Motherboard design. Yet I question from this set of photos how much radiator you can fit in the top. I only see the two fans, yet perhaps there is a third up there and I am not picking it up. I also think that depending on the offset of the fan/radiator mounting, putting a radiator in the top is going to give you a wiring headache for connections that are typically placed at the lower edge of the motherboard

I would love to see more space above the motherboard.

I trust Lian Li that when this is a finished product, fit and finish will be excellent. All of their High end cases are really well done. I personally am thinking about using the PC-O9 case in my next build

--Rick--
Old 04-11-16, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Behemoth View Post
My god Lian Li... When will you learn to paint the internals of your cases? I swear they're staying irrelevant on purpose.
Have you actually seen Lian Li's offerings? Most of their cases are anodized black. Maybe five have natural aluminum.