Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-10-16, 01:04 PM
News Guru

ASUS' ROG Swift PG258Q 240Hz monitor will release in 2017

ASUS' ROG Swift PG258Q 240Hz monitor will release in 2017, offering G-Sync support and the fastest refresh rate on the market.

Read more on ASUS' upcoming 240Hz display.

Old 15-10-16, 04:52 PM

This is ending up like the damn megapixel war for cameras. We don't need more hz we want better colours and image quality! All this extra hz seems to do is cause overshoot which looks horrible...
Old 16-10-16, 05:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Nope still don't like it....People over hyped the ASUS Swift way too much. that is why you always pay more for it "ASUS Tax".

For me i'll be waiting to see what Acer will come up with and i think the Acer one will be better and cheaper too.

Another thing ASUS cheap out on the built in speakers they only put crappy ones in ( i know a lot of people don't use built in speakers) compare to the Acer one.
Old 16-10-16, 05:21 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Nope still don't like it....People over hyped the ASUS Swift way too much. that is why you always pay more for it "ASUS Tax".

For me i'll be waiting to see what Acer will come up with and i think the Acer one will be better and cheaper too.

Another thing ASUS cheap out on the built in speakers they only put crappy ones in ( i know a lot of people don't use built in speakers) compare to the Acer one.
I totally agree with you post here dude. Regarding the hyped Swift, "ASUS Tax" and the upcoming Acer ones, such as the X34P
Old 16-10-16, 10:53 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post

I've had the Swift PG278Q TN *multiple times due to many many faults* and now have the Dell S2716DG TN, Both G-Sync, Both 1440P 144Hz 1Ms and there is no difference in the panel, The Dell doesn't have an external power brick which actually failed on me multiple times with the Swift, The Dell also has the nifty instant on feature but the Dell doesn't have the transformer type looks or the red LED ring at the base, It looks clean and professional in comparison IMO yet the ROG Swift costs £110 more and for what ? ROG tax.

ROG products aren't bad, They are brilliant for what they are but the ROG tax is a pure urine extraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I totally agree with you post here dude. Regarding the hyped Swift, "ASUS Tax" and the upcoming Acer ones, such as the X34P
I've completely gone off ROG, Possibly because I'm not into my setup looking like a transformer or cheap Chinese made toy but ROG for me at least has lost it's appeal, I much prefer the more clean and professional looks of Dell when it comes to monitors or even BenQ or even the Designo from Asus, Now that is a lush looking monitor !

Old 16-10-16, 11:44 AM

I wouldnt get one, but I still really like the plasma copper design.
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz / 1.25 vCore | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz C10 | Sapphire HD 7970 | MSI 7970 | 120GB Crucial M4 SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Corsair AX 750| Corsair 600t |

Liquid Cooled with Alphacool ST30 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 360mm | Swiftech MCP35X | CPU / GPU EK CSQ full water blocks | Bitspower Blacksparkle fittings