Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 16-09-16, 03:33 PM
News Guru

Raidmax announces their SIGMA mid-tower chassis

Raidmax has announced their new SIGMA mid-tower chassis, with no optical bays and support for up to 360mm radiators.

Read more on Raidmax's Sigma PC chassis.

Old 16-09-16, 07:40 PM

I love how all these new cases are like "screw storage space. You need radiator space everywhere". And then they put that ridiculous PSU shroud to keep your mechanical drives tucked away inside where it's nice and WARM.
Meanwhile Fractal Design is like "Why can't we have both?" And then they let you have both. Without the stupid PSU shroud.
Old 16-09-16, 10:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
I love how all these new cases are like "screw storage space. You need radiator space everywhere". And then they put that ridiculous PSU shroud to keep your mechanical drives tucked away inside where it's nice and WARM.
Meanwhile Fractal Design is like "Why can't we have both?" And then they let you have both. Without the stupid PSU shroud.
Cause the PSU shroud makes cable management a little easier, plus it makes the overall build look very neat in my opinion.

I wish that they did an optional PSU shroud for the Define S, which is the case that I have.
Old 16-09-16, 11:00 PM
Hagrid Look-A-Like

Quote:
Having Mech drives under the cover with the PSU will not effect them. Short of using seriously fast spinning mech drives (think Raptors, which will produce half the heat in there anyway)), temps make no difference to the actual performance of those drives (Short of sticking them in a furnace obviously).
Old 16-09-16, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilbane View Post
Having Mech drives under the cover with the PSU will not effect them. Short of using seriously fast spinning mech drives (think Raptors, which will produce half the heat in there anyway)), temps make no difference to the actual performance of those drives (Short of sticking them in a furnace obviously).
People underestimate the importance of keeping your mechanical drives cool. Optimal temps for HDD's shouldn't be more than 30. I keep mine at 27-30. Only in the summer they might get a few degrees hotter. And I've never had an HDD fail on me, not even once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Cause the PSU shroud makes cable management a little easier, plus it makes the overall build look very neat in my opinion.
Sure, and RGB makes it all shiny and stuff. All this crap is just about making more money without actually innovating and perfecting the design. It's pointless at best and often times it's a negative.
Old 17-09-16, 12:30 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Sure, and RGB makes it all shiny and stuff. All this crap is just about making more money without actually innovating and perfecting the design. It's pointless at best and often times it's a negative.
That is your point of view and your own personal taste regarding it. It doesn't mean everyone thinks the same as you do. Like me for instance, I don't really care about "innovation" at all, if I seem something I like, I like it. Same goes for RGB, may be unnecessary, but it's a nice feature in my eyes.

So I personally don't see it being pointless at all and even more so negative, so not sure where you're coming from with that.
Old 17-09-16, 07:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Oh god this case it soooo ugly.

Why do people like these design i think there just plain awful.
Old 17-09-16, 10:37 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Oh god this case it soooo ugly.

Why do people like these design i think there just plain awful.
Just the same way as some prefer a Lamborghini over a Ferrari.
Old 18-09-16, 08:15 PM
Bettyswollocks

Looks like the offspring of a fat InWin case and the Spec Alpha to me.. similarities are there but all cases are starting to look alike these days.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 18-09-16, 10:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
Just the same way as some prefer a Lamborghini over a Ferrari.
Raidmax = Skoda. Not the new VW Skoda but the old one. In fact they're teetering on the precipice of being Lada.

They spent most of the early noughties ripping off Alienware for a living lol. Only thing was they were obviously terrified of being slapped with a lawsuit so they made them as revolting as they possibly could so nothing was left of the original they stole from haha.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly