Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 07-09-16, 11:30 AM
News Guru

Antec announces their new GX1200 chassis

Antec has announced their new GX1200 chassis, offering two RGB fans out of the box and offers plenty of water cooling options.

Read more on Antec's GX1200 chassis.

Old 07-09-16, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Remember when Antec used to be a big name? Now I'm surprised that they still exist. Just two years ago they were selling ridiculous looking gaming cases that look like they were designed in 2007 for $250.

I'd like to see them succeed but they're just copying what everyone else has been doing. No innovation at all. Nothing exciting. And no rubber grommets. It also looks kinda tacky and cheap on the outside. Antec - more like antique at this point.
Old 07-09-16, 01:55 PM
OC3D Elite

To me this case looks ugly & cheap, IMO Antec doesn't make very nice cases.
Old 07-09-16, 04:44 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Remember when Antec used to be a big name? Now I'm surprised that they still exist. Just two years ago they were selling ridiculous looking gaming cases that look like they were designed in 2007 for $250.

I'd like to see them succeed but they're just copying what everyone else has been doing. No innovation at all. Nothing exciting. And no rubber grommets. It also looks kinda tacky and cheap on the outside. Antec - more like antique at this point.
remember when the P180 was the case to have? i dont know why really i had the P182(?) with the extra top fan and the cooling was awful. my 280's used to artifact from the overheating lol. good thing it had sound proofing. but agreed they really have not been up to par recently. although i did see a ton of LAN boy case's at insomnia so at least they are selling something.
Old 07-09-16, 05:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovizoR View Post
Antec - more like antique at this point.
Haha, this just made me
Old 08-09-16, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
remember when the P180 was the case to have? i dont know why really i had the P182(?) with the extra top fan and the cooling was awful. my 280's used to artifact from the overheating lol. good thing it had sound proofing. but agreed they really have not been up to par recently. although i did see a ton of LAN boy case's at insomnia so at least they are selling something.
I remember when Antec 900 was released in 2006 and all the PC gaming sites exploded with excitement. That was the case to have. Until NZXT came out with Tempest or "The Airflow King" a year later (or was it in 2008?).

Anyways, I went with Tempest back then, even though I thought that NZXT had taken more than a few notes from Antec. And look how far they've come compared to Antec because they weren't afraid to innovate. To this day Tempest remains the most expensive case I've ever owned. I still have it but I'm not using it anymore. I've been planning to mod the crap out of it and modernize its internals. I just need a lot of free time to do it.