Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 25-08-16, 06:19 PM
News Guru

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Performance Review

Deus Ex Mankind Divided has finally been released on PC, but does your PC need some serious augmentation in order to run this new title?

Read more on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's PC performance.

Old 26-08-16, 08:58 AM
OC3D Elite

One for the bargain bin perhaps. I was never a fan of DE any way so there's no way I'm paying up to £50 for a game like this.

Ah well, Nuka World in a couple of days and after that I will probably begin a complete playthrough of FO4 using a female character any way.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 26-08-16, 07:38 PM

Think I'll see how dx12 is before I think about getting this game. My usual way of working my graphics settings is to set everything to max @4k, and then drop down to custom resolutions like 3456x1944 etc, until I get a comfortable framerate. And maybe dropping the textures down for Vram.
I don't see the point in turning off things like HBAO and hairworks etc and missing out on the experience just for higher resolution. I'm talking about Witcher and Fo4 and ROTTR etc... Of course this game will probably be a different story altogether..
Old 26-08-16, 11:50 PM
OC3D Elite

its like crysis and crysis 3 all over again either needing sli or waiting a generation to play at max fidelity, Oh well I guess I will wait for the DX12 patch and hope the 1080 actually benefits from asynchronous compute like the AMD cards do
Custom H440 | i7-6700K OC @ 4.60GHz | Custom water loop | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero |GTX 1080 @ 2050mhz 11000mhz | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200MHz CL15 | 256GB Samsung 950 Pro, 2 x Samsung Evo 850 250gb, 1 x WD Green 3TB| Corsair HX750I PSU| Sound Blaster Z|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old 27-08-16, 02:37 AM
AMD Enthusiast

I find it interesting that every single test card just so happens to be an Asus card.. lol

Edit: Just for future reference as I didn't find it, I think you should give a screenshot for each setting used at different resolutions(that is if they change between resolutions) so we can know exactly what is what. I think it would be useful
Because for example if these results were all AA maxed at every resolution, dropping it to disabled/0 could mean the game is actually playable at say 1440p instead of nearly just so. Although i think 4k still would have sucked performance wise.
Old 27-08-16, 05:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
I've seen quite a few different tests done with single cards and the results are all over the place as everyone seems to be getting different results even when using the same GPU's and settings.
Old 27-08-16, 11:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I've seen quite a few different tests done with single cards and the results are all over the place as everyone seems to be getting different results even when using the same GPU's and settings.
One word : Batman.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 28-08-16, 03:46 AM
OC3D Crew

Very nice article. I'm glad to see a game pushing the graphics envelope like this. A lot of the newer releases look great but aren't really breaking new ground. From what I've seen, this game seems to be. Kinda sucks I'll have to knock a setting or two down to get the framerates I'm wanting but I think it's worth it. It's kinda sad when my aging rig can still shred all the new games pretty much with max settings. We need some new rig crippling games to give us a reason to upgrade and buy newer GPU's and such.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while. Haven't picked it up yet but am looking forward to very soon.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.815 ••• Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev 1••• Corsair H100
Corsair 500R ••• EVGA Supernova G2 750 ••• Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB x2 ••• MSI R9 290x Lightning
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB ••• BenQ XL2720Z
Corsair K70 ••• Corsair M65
Old 29-08-16, 06:14 AM

Great write up!

I enjoyed the write up, was looking at picking this up but the lack of genre advancement is holding me back from rushing into it.