Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 14-08-16, 02:43 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is online now
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 15,266
No Man's Sky PC Performance Review

Let's have a look at No Man's Sky's PC version. Is it the space adventure that we have all been waiting for?



Read more on No Man's Sky's PC version.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-08-16, 03:55 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,273
I've played around 20 hours on the game so far and to be honest it's fun for a while but as there's no real goal other than maxing out your inventory and finding a ship with a big inventory, It starts to feel quite empty.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-08-16, 09:29 PM
GODuk GODuk is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea
Posts: 303
So far, I have only experience one drop in FPS but a game restart solved this. No further issues since.

I really do not like the space combat, it is horrible and pointless, you will die a lot. 3 vs me = death!
__________________
Gigabyte Z98X-Gaming 5 ATX | Intel i7 - 4790K @ 4.0 GHz (Devils Canyon) | 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro Red
Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB SSD (Win 8) | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Black) | Corsair H110
ZOTAC AMP! 970 EXTREME | iiyama 24 inch 1920 x 1080
Corsair RGB K70 Keyboard | Corsair RGB Gaming mouse
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-08-16, 09:44 PM
chrismjurd's Avatar
chrismjurd chrismjurd is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 386
am about 30hours in, just at the 3rd system so far, really enjoying just pondering about, dont have any issues running the game itself, but i can do little else at the same time, running 1080 with med/high settings im hitting like 95-100% util on my i7 2600, so i just limited affinity to 6 cores and still hitting like 45-50fps, but can actually watch a stream at the same time. while not the ideal situation, is ok for now, till some stuff gets worked on. 3 systems down eleventy maj-bilillion to go
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-08-16, 08:39 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is online now
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 15,266
Please note that I am aware of the newly released experimental Beta patch for No Man's Sky.

Sadly I will not be able to test this new patch today as I am in my hometown today and will be attending a funeral of a close family friend. I will test this new beta patch as soon as I am able.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-08-16, 06:48 PM
VonBlade's Avatar
VonBlade VonBlade is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Behind a keyboard
Posts: 1,196
It's Elite without the fun. It's the grind of Minecraft/MMOs without the goal. The fact the performance is shocking only adds to my belief that this really isn't for me. I'm happy meandering about, but some kind of goal, even a nebulous (ha) one would be nice.
__________________
All spit, no polish.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15-08-16, 07:10 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post
It's Elite without the fun. It's the grind of Minecraft/MMOs without the goal. The fact the performance is shocking only adds to my belief that this really isn't for me. I'm happy meandering about, but some kind of goal, even a nebulous (ha) one would be nice.
Gotta agree there, ED I find very relaxing and I love the sound when going faster than light, It's kinda creepy but exciting, The sound reminds me a lot of the engineers from Prometheus.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15-08-16, 07:38 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251
I pre-ordered No Man's Sky the day I got back from vacation last Tuesday and watched some gameplay, and honestly I quite enjoy it. It's everything I expected (a massive exploration game, no more, no less).

I kinda like just blasting some Slipknot and endlessly grinding emeril and analysing wildlife. It's really relaxing after a long day at work and/or before bed.

But then again, I thoroughly enjoy playing Destiny. So it's probably just me. And the horrible PC port and Sean's lies about multiplayer can't be excused.
__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15-08-16, 10:29 PM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
I pre-ordered No Man's Sky the day I got back from vacation last Tuesday and watched some gameplay, and honestly I quite enjoy it. It's everything I expected (a massive exploration game, no more, no less).

I kinda like just blasting some Slipknot and endlessly grinding emeril and analysing wildlife. It's really relaxing after a long day at work and/or before bed.

But then again, I thoroughly enjoy playing Destiny. So it's probably just me. And the horrible PC port and Sean's lies about multiplayer can't be excused.
I haven't watched an awful lot of interviews, all i heard from him regarding multiplayer was that it would be possible to see one another. So personally i disregarded it as a pointless gimmick anyways. They probably thought the same when they realized how much work it would mean, i don't know how many players can be in one system at once in ED but NMS has way more players, all rushing to the center of the galaxy, their arrival would definitely not be an easy task to handle.
I can see why people got annoyed over this though, not a smart move to drop hints for a feature they hadn't looked into yet.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15-08-16, 11:36 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
I haven't watched an awful lot of interviews, all i heard from him regarding multiplayer was that it would be possible to see one another. So personally i disregarded it as a pointless gimmick anyways. They probably thought the same when they realized how much work it would mean, i don't know how many players can be in one system at once in ED but NMS has way more players, all rushing to the center of the galaxy, their arrival would definitely not be an easy task to handle.
I can see why people got annoyed over this though, not a smart move to drop hints for a feature they hadn't looked into yet.
I personally don't really care for multiplayer as well, but I can fully understand why the masses are annoyed about it not being in the final game. I just think Sean shouldn't have said it would be a feature in the first place. I believe he also stated you'd be able to explore the universe with your friends in a few interviews.

Then again, the European boxes of the game's special edition had stickers on them covering the 'online play' logo, so they probably scrapped the multiplayer features of the game at the last minute. Maybe it wasn't stable enough (yet). Or, like you said, they just gave up on it. I would too, to be honest. Still, not the best marketing tactic.
__________________
JavaBean: Ryzen 5 1600 / Corsair ML240L RGB / ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero / 16GB Corsair LPX / ASUS RX 580 Strix / Corsair RM750X / Fractal Design Meshify C

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.