Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 14-08-16, 02:43 PM
News Guru

No Man's Sky PC Performance Review

Let's have a look at No Man's Sky's PC version. Is it the space adventure that we have all been waiting for?

Read more on No Man's Sky's PC version.

Old 14-08-16, 03:55 PM
Resident Newb

I've played around 20 hours on the game so far and to be honest it's fun for a while but as there's no real goal other than maxing out your inventory and finding a ship with a big inventory, It starts to feel quite empty.

Old 14-08-16, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

So far, I have only experience one drop in FPS but a game restart solved this. No further issues since.

I really do not like the space combat, it is horrible and pointless, you will die a lot. 3 vs me = death!
Corsair RGB K70 Keyboard | Corsair RGB Gaming mouse
Old 14-08-16, 09:44 PM
Advanced Member

am about 30hours in, just at the 3rd system so far, really enjoying just pondering about, dont have any issues running the game itself, but i can do little else at the same time, running 1080 with med/high settings im hitting like 95-100% util on my i7 2600, so i just limited affinity to 6 cores and still hitting like 45-50fps, but can actually watch a stream at the same time. while not the ideal situation, is ok for now, till some stuff gets worked on. 3 systems down eleventy maj-bilillion to go
Old 15-08-16, 08:39 AM
News Guru

Please note that I am aware of the newly released experimental Beta patch for No Man's Sky.

Sadly I will not be able to test this new patch today as I am in my hometown today and will be attending a funeral of a close family friend. I will test this new beta patch as soon as I am able.
Old 15-08-16, 06:48 PM
OC3D Elite

It's Elite without the fun. It's the grind of Minecraft/MMOs without the goal. The fact the performance is shocking only adds to my belief that this really isn't for me. I'm happy meandering about, but some kind of goal, even a nebulous (ha) one would be nice.
Old 15-08-16, 07:10 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post
It's Elite without the fun. It's the grind of Minecraft/MMOs without the goal. The fact the performance is shocking only adds to my belief that this really isn't for me. I'm happy meandering about, but some kind of goal, even a nebulous (ha) one would be nice.
Gotta agree there, ED I find very relaxing and I love the sound when going faster than light, It's kinda creepy but exciting, The sound reminds me a lot of the engineers from Prometheus.

Old 15-08-16, 07:38 PM
Average Penis Too

I pre-ordered No Man's Sky the day I got back from vacation last Tuesday and watched some gameplay, and honestly I quite enjoy it. It's everything I expected (a massive exploration game, no more, no less).

I kinda like just blasting some Slipknot and endlessly grinding emeril and analysing wildlife. It's really relaxing after a long day at work and/or before bed.

But then again, I thoroughly enjoy playing Destiny. So it's probably just me. And the horrible PC port and Sean's lies about multiplayer can't be excused.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)

Old 15-08-16, 10:29 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
I pre-ordered No Man's Sky the day I got back from vacation last Tuesday and watched some gameplay, and honestly I quite enjoy it. It's everything I expected (a massive exploration game, no more, no less).

I kinda like just blasting some Slipknot and endlessly grinding emeril and analysing wildlife. It's really relaxing after a long day at work and/or before bed.

But then again, I thoroughly enjoy playing Destiny. So it's probably just me. And the horrible PC port and Sean's lies about multiplayer can't be excused.
I haven't watched an awful lot of interviews, all i heard from him regarding multiplayer was that it would be possible to see one another. So personally i disregarded it as a pointless gimmick anyways. They probably thought the same when they realized how much work it would mean, i don't know how many players can be in one system at once in ED but NMS has way more players, all rushing to the center of the galaxy, their arrival would definitely not be an easy task to handle.
I can see why people got annoyed over this though, not a smart move to drop hints for a feature they hadn't looked into yet.
Old 15-08-16, 11:36 PM
Average Penis Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
I haven't watched an awful lot of interviews, all i heard from him regarding multiplayer was that it would be possible to see one another. So personally i disregarded it as a pointless gimmick anyways. They probably thought the same when they realized how much work it would mean, i don't know how many players can be in one system at once in ED but NMS has way more players, all rushing to the center of the galaxy, their arrival would definitely not be an easy task to handle.
I can see why people got annoyed over this though, not a smart move to drop hints for a feature they hadn't looked into yet.
I personally don't really care for multiplayer as well, but I can fully understand why the masses are annoyed about it not being in the final game. I just think Sean shouldn't have said it would be a feature in the first place. I believe he also stated you'd be able to explore the universe with your friends in a few interviews.

Then again, the European boxes of the game's special edition had stickers on them covering the 'online play' logo, so they probably scrapped the multiplayer features of the game at the last minute. Maybe it wasn't stable enough (yet). Or, like you said, they just gave up on it. I would too, to be honest. Still, not the best marketing tactic.

OC3D Overclockers Club Member:
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)