Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-07-16, 09:44 AM
News Guru

Futuremark Release 3DMARK Time Spy DirectX 12 Benchmark

Futuremark has released their new 3DMARK Time Spy DirectX 12 Benchmark, which supports Asynchronous Compute, Explicit Multi-GPU and more.

Read more on 3DMARK Time Spy.

Old 15-07-16, 06:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Will this benchmark be added to the official testing suite?
Old 15-07-16, 06:13 PM
OC3D Elite

it was added on steam the other day, free version doesn't let you customise it or skip demo however.

got score of 5500 with my rig
MSI Z97 Gaming 7, i7 [email protected], Palit Super Jetstream GTX 980ti, 16GB Corsair Vengence [email protected] 9/10/9/10/26 , Corsair HX850i, NZXT H440 grid+, Corsair H100 Push nff12, AF140 outake 5.6v, 3xsp120 intake 5.6v 250gb 840evo boot, 120gb V300 games, 1tb wd black storage||| 3Dmark score
Old 15-07-16, 06:35 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3d4t0r View Post
it was added on steam the other day, free version doesn't let you customise it or skip demo however.

got score of 5500 with my rig
It kinda angers me. I already paid for the benchmark entirely, why do I need to buy an additional benchmark for it? If they wanted to charge for it they should have made it a separate version all together, they basically lied when they said it's free for current users. It's not. Anyone can get the free version. Not one person gets the paid one for free
Old 17-07-16, 07:06 PM

Anyone interested to see what a Pro-Duo can score? Once I replace my PSU that just died.
Old 17-07-16, 09:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It kinda angers me. I already paid for the benchmark entirely, why do I need to buy an additional benchmark for it? If they wanted to charge for it they should have made it a separate version all together, they basically lied when they said it's free for current users. It's not. Anyone can get the free version. Not one person gets the paid one for free
You paid for the previous benchmarks, if they keep releasing new benchmarks for free they'll be out of business fairly soon.
Old 17-07-16, 10:37 PM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
You paid for the previous benchmarks, if they keep releasing new benchmarks for free they'll be out of business fairly soon.
^^this. While I do find it odd that they would add dlc to 3dmark, it would have been better had they just released a fresh new stand alone benchmark for DX12.
Old 18-07-16, 05:46 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
Which is why I said it should have been a separate one entirely. Adding it to everyone's DLC list on steam and then inside the client advertise for buying it, is very annoying. Sure a single banner at the top that says buy the new DX12 benchmark would be fine, but anymore is annoying. Hence again the need for them to have put it in a separate client.
Old 18-07-16, 10:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Which is why I said it should have been a separate one entirely. Adding it to everyone's DLC list on steam and then inside the client advertise for buying it, is very annoying. Sure a single banner at the top that says buy the new DX12 benchmark would be fine, but anymore is annoying. Hence again the need for them to have put it in a separate client.
What's the difference between having to pay for a benchmark as a DLC or as a standalone version. It just makes things less organized. Idk what you mean by "Adding it to everyone's DLC list on steam", my DLC list shows the DLCs i own, not the ones i can buy. It's not like they bombard you with popup messages telling you to buy their new DLC, there isn't anything telling you to buy the full benchmark before you bother to click on custom run.
Old 18-07-16, 11:19 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
SKU'ing in steam is more complicated than you would think, bare in mind there are effectively 3 products.

1) Everyone 'free' version
2) Everyone who bought before free version, granted by previous purchase. This will likely be in a 'bundle'
3) Full version sku, out of bundle

It will have been done the way it is for a reason, and I imagine that reason is because of something in Steam, not in 3DMark. Steam entitlements are really complicated, and that's not something that anyone not at steam can change.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!