Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 08-07-16, 05:19 PM
News Guru

Nvidia confirms the MSRP of the GTX 1060 outside the US

We already know that the GTX 1060 will cost $249.99, but what is the price outside of the US. Let's have a look.

Read more on the GTX 1060's pricing.

Old 08-07-16, 05:27 PM
Classy-Fried-Chicken

290Euros in Greece....

That's why we can't have nice things here :'(

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory is when you have the "know how" but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why
Old 08-07-16, 05:42 PM

Angry Sheesh!

You guys ever hear of a country called Canada? Why do I follow this website? Somehow NVIDIA has recognised us as a sovereign state since they jacked the price up here for 1070 and 1080's higher than anywhere else in the world.
I'm sure they'll do the same with the 1060.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/07/07/nv...graphics-card/
Old 08-07-16, 05:50 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelosouvlakia View Post
290Euros in Greece....

That's why we can't have nice things here :'(
£286 for the FE confirmed.

Old 08-07-16, 06:03 PM

Just to be clear, this is "from" so I'm assuming this is the 3GB card??

Desktop 1: (Antec 300, Old Q6600) >> Retired
Desktop 2: (Antec Aria, Retired Opteron 185) >> Zen Upgrade (Eventually)
Server: (Bit-Fenix Phenom Mini ITX, i5 4570S, 8GB Ram, 18TB HDD Raid 1)
Old 08-07-16, 06:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerUk View Post
Quote:
This pricing is the minimum for the GTX 1060 6GB, meaning that this will be the price of lower end GTX 1060 GPUs, with overclocked models and premium GTX 1060 models being likely to cost more.
279€ for a 6GB card would be acceptable, 319€ not really. My guess would be that we'll end up with ~295€ on average for the cheaper acceptable cards, which might be worth it, depends on how much better the 1060 is over the 480. A reference 8GB 480 is 270€ for comparison, probably ~280€ for the aftermarket cards.
Old 08-07-16, 07:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerUk View Post
Not sure on that as no one knows yet. However I would expect it's more of Nvidia's trickery and use of the word suggested at play again. Check this out.

$599 MSRP. Then let's have a look at that $599 MSRP.

Erm yup, that worked out just as they said !

The RRP for the Founder's Edition of the 1060 is $299. That will be the price of the 1060. I have had confirmation from a friend of mine in retail that the UK price at sale will be £286.

There has been absolutely no mention of if or when these supposed $249 cards will come through.

This is just another marketing trick by Nvidia. It's bang out of order tbh.

Cast your mind back to just before the launch of the 1080. Every one was up in arms about this expensive Founder's Edition and were expecting aftermarket cards to cost $599. Of course this was incredibly daft, because aftermarket cards cost more to produce. So, with phsyics and logic being alive and well these aftermarket cards actually cost far more than the FE cards.

There was one card at one point in time (that £589 clown card) that came in at £525. However, that didn't last very long and besides it's a completely crap card.

The chances of seeing decent AM 1060s for $249 is about as thin as the air above the clouds.

I've been saying it for weeks, don't expect the 1060 to be cheap or plentiful.

Personally speaking if I were in the market for a new card I would hold out and pick the best of the upcoming AM RX 480s. If they can clock higher than the stock card they will be about the same in DX11 as a 980 any way (the supposed speed of the 1060) and probably even better than the 1060 in DX12.

Old 08-07-16, 07:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Not sure on that as no one knows yet. However I would expect it's more of Nvidia's trickery and use of the word suggested at play again. Check this out.

$599 MSRP. Then let's have a look at that $599 MSRP.

Erm yup, that worked out just as they said !

The RRP for the Founder's Edition of the 1060 is $299. That will be the price of the 1060. I have had confirmation from a friend of mine in retail that the UK price at sale will be £286.

There has been absolutely no mention of if or when these supposed $249 cards will come through.

This is just another marketing trick by Nvidia. It's bang out of order tbh.

Cast your mind back to just before the launch of the 1080. Every one was up in arms about this expensive Founder's Edition and were expecting aftermarket cards to cost $599. Of course this was incredibly daft, because aftermarket cards cost more to produce. So, with phsyics and logic being alive and well these aftermarket cards actually cost far more than the FE cards.

There was one card at one point in time (that £589 clown card) that came in at £525. However, that didn't last very long and besides it's a completely crap card.

The chances of seeing decent AM 1060s for $249 is about as thin as the air above the clouds.

I've been saying it for weeks, don't expect the 1060 to be cheap or plentiful.

Personally speaking if I were in the market for a new card I would hold out and pick the best of the upcoming AM RX 480s. If they can clock higher than the stock card they will be about the same in DX11 as a 980 any way (the supposed speed of the 1060) and probably even better than the 1060 in DX12.
If you are going to quote $ MSRP you should maybe look at US prices and not UK prices.

That's still above MSRP, but at least it's a fair comparison. UK prices are always way above US prices, that applies to every single manufacturer out there. What nvidia claims as a suggested MSRP doesn't matter, i wouldn't count that as trickery since it has no impact on the market or on customers whatsoever.
320€ is what the FE will cost in germany and looking at the 1080 and 1070 that means decent aftermarket cards will start at slightly under 300€. An aftermarket 480 is going to cost 10-15€ less. Whether that'll be worth it will be decided by benchmarks, not speculations.
Old 09-07-16, 11:24 PM

Interesting read. I was considering a 1070 Gainward GLH as a "cheap" upgrade until 1080 TI hits the shelves but with this coming I'll be getting one of these instead vendor edt. ofc. Shouldn't be hard to sell this and only suffer a maximum of 20% loss of investment within a 6 month period.
Old 10-07-16, 09:33 AM

So $400 CAD...?