Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 27-06-16, 02:24 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 12,711
Creative Assembly has two new Total War Games in the works

Creative Assembly has two new Total War Games in the works, one of which will be historical and the other being the second part of the Total War: Warhammer Trilogy.



Read more on Creative Assembly's future Total War games.

__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-06-16, 03:42 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,032
While it's safe to assume we already knew they were doing this, it's good to hear that they are increasing the scope of the games, hopefully they can get more creative and add/improve many features. Mainly sieges and AI.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-06-16, 06:22 PM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,179
not so much interested in Warhammer but the historical game that does peak my interest
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN 1500x, H100i GTX
MB: MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-06-16, 09:26 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
not so much interested in Warhammer but the historical game that does peak my interest
Was the same way at first, but after playing Warhammer, it's easily the best TW game in a while. Probably since S2. What makes it great was the fact it was fantasy, which means more open to creative designs. Which then has potential to carry over to history TW and improve the game still. So I'm excited for it too
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-06-16, 05:43 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 570
There are rumours flying around that CA are working on a ww1 TW. But we'll have to wait and see.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-06-16, 05:50 PM
Greenback's Avatar
Greenback Greenback is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
There are rumours flying around that CA are working on a ww1 TW. But we'll have to wait and see.
Not sure about that 1 considering hearts of iron, i know not the same but theme wise
__________________
CASE: NZXT H440 white
CPU: RYZEN 1500x, H100i GTX
MB: MSI TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
OS: CRUCIAL MX100 250GB
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-06-16, 05:58 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
There are rumours flying around that CA are working on a ww1 TW. But we'll have to wait and see.
Doubtful. People have been saying that for years for CA to jump into the modern age. But we already have many games based on that. And a lot of design choices would have to be completely overhauled, and that engine would definitely need a new iteration. Explosions and smoke effects would probably give great FPS drops like they do now and WW1 has a lot more of them

IMO I think anything after 1900 is probably too modern.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 28-06-16, 06:28 PM
demonking's Avatar
demonking demonking is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Doubtful. People have been saying that for years for CA to jump into the modern age. But we already have many games based on that. And a lot of design choices would have to be completely overhauled, and that engine would definitely need a new iteration. Explosions and smoke effects would probably give great FPS drops like they do now and WW1 has a lot more of them

IMO I think anything after 1900 is probably too modern.
Agreed. These were only rumours, from a guy at work. He reckons that the flying units in WH were the basis for planes but I also think it's a bit far fetched.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28-06-16, 10:22 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Middle-Earth
Posts: 15,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonking View Post
Agreed. These were only rumours, from a guy at work. He reckons that the flying units in WH were the basis for planes but I also think it's a bit far fetched.
I see why he thinks that, but do agree seems little to far. I personally think it'll be Medieval 3 or if not, Empire 2. And if it's not based off a previous game, then something in China
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 28-06-16, 10:52 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 12,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I see why he thinks that, but do agree seems little to far. I personally think it'll be Medieval 3 or if not, Empire 2. And if it's not based off a previous game, then something in China
Why not Total War Murica? They had a civil war way back when.

I would like the see Empire 2, loved the original game.
__________________
One of these days I'll change my name to Mark Bench
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.