Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 26-06-16, 04:31 PM
The Guvnor

ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift Monitor Review

The latest in the excellent ASUS ROG Swift range of monitors is the GSYNC 1440P PG279Q, and we take a look at it.

ASUS PG279Q ROG Swift Monitor Review

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 26-06-16, 04:56 PM
OC3D Crew

I own a PG279Q. I love it! Best money I've invested in a long time.
Old 26-06-16, 05:33 PM

I'd love to see this in person or an updated freesync model. Ive got the previous gen. panels pa279q and pb278q, knowing the quality of those panels and stands I can only imagine what its like to game or work on this! Your job is awesome, thanks for the review!
Old 26-06-16, 05:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice monitor and review, though I find 1080p is my comfortable resolution, but that I think is more to do with my bad eye sight my brother has a 1440 not anywhere near as good as this 1 but i find it starts giving me eye strain after a while
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 26-06-16, 07:28 PM

Great review TTL. It confirmed what i have experienced. I love the PG279. Now i have played with GSYNC i dont think i could go back to a monitor without it. I have an MG279q on an AMD build and put them side by side after calibrating them both. The pg279 is def the better monitor (when you turn off the LED on the base)
Old 26-06-16, 09:45 PM
Resident Newb

Great monitor although I'm holding out for the 4K 144Hz DP1.3 monitor Asus teased at computex.

Old 27-06-16, 08:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Someone remind me

Does Gsync work in surround? i.e. across two or three of these screens? I know early TN versions of the swift on previous nvidia generations it was only for main screen only.
Old 27-06-16, 09:43 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Someone remind me

Does Gsync work in surround? i.e. across two or three of these screens? I know early TN versions of the swift on previous nvidia generations it was only for main screen only.
All G-Sync enabled screens support 3-way surround, however it does require a single graphics card with 3 x Display Ports. That's the reason the 900 series has 3 x DP. It's possible however nVidia has since made a workaround this issue by allowing three graphics cards use one DP each, but I have seen no confirmation of that so far.
Old 27-06-16, 09:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolagarf View Post
All G-Sync enabled screens support 3-way surround, however it does require a single graphics card with 3 x Display Ports. That's the reason the 900 series has 3 x DP. It's possible however nVidia has since made a workaround this issue by allowing three graphics cards use one DP each, but I have seen no confirmation of that so far.
Actually even when they had 3 DP ports it still wasnt supported. I suppose its come a long way since then. But good to know it is ok now.
Old 27-06-16, 10:56 PM

Review Update?

Why an review update I have had mine for 6 months and the specs have not changed to my knowledge.

This is more like a paid advert.....however some important info for potential buyers:

I upgrade to an ASUS 279Q Swift (smug grin, some bleed in bottom right, tiny bleed left centre and top, No dead or stuck pixels thank the Lordy).
And yes it is dreamy. Images quality as good as the Dell, might even be better and over-clocking to 150Hz. I think it is an outstanding product, however........

WARNING NOTICE: I have noticed some text burn-in (like a green shadow) on the top left of screen only. It does fade away after 5-10 mins. It is slightly annoying, not a massive deal in my opinion. I think everyone needs to be aware of these issues. Google Swift 279Q issues, some guy did a massive blog on potential problems.