Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 23-06-16, 08:41 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,341
Corsair announces Vengeance LED Memory

Corsair has announced their new Vengeance LED series DDR4 memory, offering capacities of 8GB and 16GB per DIMM and speeds from 2,666MHz to 4,333MHz.



Read more on Corsair's Vengeance LED DDR4 memory.

__________________
I survived 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-06-16, 09:04 PM
g0ggles1994's Avatar
g0ggles1994 g0ggles1994 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: England
Posts: 61
So is 2016 going to be the year of the LED or something? At this rate you'll be able to get LEDs on every component inside your rig!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-06-16, 09:25 PM
GiantKiwi GiantKiwi is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
So is 2016 going to be the year of the LED or something? At this rate you'll be able to get LEDs on every component inside your rig!
Pretty sure that is already possible :P

Case - check.
PSU - check.
Mobo - check.
RAM - well, check.
GPU - check.
Coolers - check.
SSD - almost, Avexir tried, but seemed to have failed to get a crowdfunder to work for that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-06-16, 09:26 PM
Darkdayzzz Darkdayzzz is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
So is 2016 going to be the year of the LED or something? At this rate you'll be able to get LEDs on every component inside your rig!

Personally dont see any problem with RGB or LEDs in a computer case or on specific pieces of hardware since you dont HAVE to use those LEDs. Most of the time you have an off switch option within the software so if you dont want it, dont use it type of deal. Personally I love the option of having things light up if I so choose; rather have it then be without it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-06-16, 09:32 PM
CreatiXx's Avatar
CreatiXx CreatiXx is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Belgium/Borsbeek
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdayzzz View Post
Personally dont see any problem with RGB or LEDs in a computer case or on specific pieces of hardware since you dont HAVE to use those LEDs. Most of the time you have an off switch option within the software so if you dont want it, dont use it type of deal. Personally I love the option of having things light up if I so choose; rather have it then be without it.
But at the end of the day you do pay for it though..
__________________
i7 6700k | MSI Z170 Titanium GAMING edition | 2x MSI 390's | Corsair 120GB SSD | WD Green 3 TB HDD | TT Core x9 (yeaah iknow) | CM 1000W Silent M
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-06-16, 09:44 PM
Steffen Steffen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 31
Back in den Dark old these when only some crazy Case Fans and Cathodes where availabile Neon blue we wished we had those LEDs going on

But seriously im totally with Darkdayzzz, you can easely switch them of and i dont think that they cost that much if any extra.

Is the Interior the same like the LPX ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23-06-16, 11:19 PM
Chrazey's Avatar
Chrazey Chrazey is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,322
Why only red and white though?... Come on, atleast make them RGB!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-06-16, 08:22 AM
Dorset Yid Dorset Yid is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 15
Ten years ago LEDs on RAM was an option, then it disappeared, now its back. Go Figure
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-06-16, 10:20 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatiXx View Post
But at the end of the day you do pay for it though..
Beat me to it. Why should I pay a premium on something that is nothing but immature tacky lighting which I will disable anyway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-06-16, 10:32 AM
Steffen Steffen is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Beat me to it. Why should I pay a premium on something that is nothing but immature tacky lighting which I will disable anyway.
They arent going to quit producing the LPX Version so no one has to buy the LED ones i guess.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump








All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.