Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 23-05-16, 08:20 AM
News Guru

Gigabyte shows off RGB illuminated X99 motherboards

Gigabyte has showcased their upcoming RGB illuminated X99 Ultra Gaming and Designare motherboards.

Read more on Gigabyte's RGB illuminated X99 motherboards.

Old 23-05-16, 11:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Probably just me, but I really dislike leds on motherboards/blocks/fans. It just seems so tacky and childish or at least the sort of thing you did when you first built a pc at 16yrs old and wanted your eyes to bleed from the overkill red leds.
The only exception I suppose would be a discreet soft white light to show things in its natural elegance.

Each to their own I guess.
Old 23-05-16, 11:23 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Probably just me, but I really dislike leds on motherboards/blocks/fans. It just seems so tacky and childish or at least the sort of thing you did when you first built a pc at 16yrs old and wanted your eyes to bleed from the overkill red leds.
The only exception I suppose would be a discreet soft white light to show things in its natural elegance.

Personally I agree 100% with this, I learned early on that EZCool LED fans and Cold Cathode tubes were tacky.. simple low level white light is all you need.
Old 23-05-16, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think they are going a bit overboard with rgb at the moment. I'm not against options but a lot of people don't even have a window in their case and "everything" coming out lately seems to be rgb.
Old 23-05-16, 11:28 AM
OC3D Elite

Yes as other have said RGB on a motherboard just looks so tacky, IMO these Gigabyte boards look bad.

There is nothing wrong using a LED strip what are people get that lazy they don't want to use a LED strip.
Old 23-05-16, 11:31 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Yes as other have said RGB on a motherboard just looks so tacky, IMO these Gigabyte boards look bad.
Yep,

I'm also against overkill logos and model branding over everything. Subtle, stealthy and simplified makes things so much more unique and eye catching. I do NOT need to see

G1 in larger than life fonts plastered everywhere.
Old 23-05-16, 11:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Yep,

I'm also against overkill logos and model branding over everything. Subtle, stealthy and simplified makes things so much more unique and eye catching. I do NOT need to see

G1 in larger than life fonts plastered everywhere.
Yes that is why i like EVGA motherboards they don't really go over the top as other companies do, I still say EVGA has just nailed it this time around with design.
Old 23-05-16, 11:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Yes that is why i like EVGA motherboards they don't really go over the top as other companies do, I still say EVGA has just nailed it this time around with design.
hmm I could debate that when I look at their GPU backplates
Old 23-05-16, 11:37 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
hmm I could debate that when I look at their GPU backplates
For me i have no problem with there backplates
Old 23-05-16, 03:00 PM
OC3D Elite

The problem here is they made the same mistake as others by putting red lettering with RGB and it just don't work for RGB to be more efective it needs to be with a mono chromatic board
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3200Mhz GSkill Flare X= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=MSI GK80 Vigor=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE