Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 14-05-16, 08:36 PM
News Guru

DOOM PC Performance Review

Let's have a look at DOOM's PC performance. Is it as easy to run this game at the fast pace you would expect?

Read more on DOOM's PC performance.

Old 14-05-16, 08:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Nice write up Mark i'm getting good framerates at 2560 X 1440 with my R9 290X and ofc a freesync monitor

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 14-05-16, 08:50 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Nice write up Mark i'm getting good framerates at 2560 X 1440 with my R9 290X and ofc a freesync monitor
Cheers man. I look forward to giving this a spin again when Vulkan support is implemented.

For now, more DOOM. SP is great.
Old 15-05-16, 08:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Cheers man. I look forward to giving this a spin again when Vulkan support is implemented.

For now, more DOOM. SP is great.
The Campaign is awesome it's everything I expected the game to be and more so if you haven't got it yet guy's it's a "must have" on your list you won't regret buying it.

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Old 15-05-16, 03:05 PM

Good article

Want to get this but just spent so much on unplayed games over the last year..

BTW you embedded the wrong screenshot at the top of page 7.
Old 15-05-16, 10:01 PM
The Webmaster

Scott, GET THIS GAME. I've spent the weekend playing it and just finished the campaign. Utterly superb Best game soundtrack of the year by a country mile. it's SO METAL!!!

Properly enjoyed it. Will be going back through on the harder difficulties as well. Much fun.

Had a quick nose at the snap map editor thing..:O wow.. very, very good. Very intuitive. I reckon if it takes off like Mario Maker did on the WiiU.. they'll be onto a big winner with that. Excellently well made.

If you don't have this game, go and pick up a copy off cdkeys.com and enjoy it's simply a brilliant, old school fast, fearless and utterly unforgiving FPS.. with spanky new graphics and a luxuriously well optimised engine. I take back what I said before if it was bad, it supasses what UE4 can do now. idTech are on to a winner here, the performance is just astounding.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 15-05-16, 10:55 PM
Resident Newb

I want this game so bad, Hurry up 1080 so I can spend money again

Old 16-05-16, 01:56 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Scott, GET THIS GAME. I've spent the weekend playing it and just finished the campaign. Utterly superb Best game soundtrack of the year by a country mile. it's SO METAL!!!

Properly enjoyed it. Will be going back through on the harder difficulties as well. Much fun.

Had a quick nose at the snap map editor thing..:O wow.. very, very good. Very intuitive. I reckon if it takes off like Mario Maker did on the WiiU.. they'll be onto a big winner with that. Excellently well made.

If you don't have this game, go and pick up a copy off cdkeys.com and enjoy it's simply a brilliant, old school fast, fearless and utterly unforgiving FPS.. with spanky new graphics and a luxuriously well optimised engine. I take back what I said before if it was bad, it supasses what UE4 can do now. idTech are on to a winner here, the performance is just astounding.
Epic stream today, missed the final boss but glad I did don't want a spoiler that huge. Although the engine and editor has blown my mind! I want to see more titles using this engine it's astounding.
Old 16-05-16, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post

Sub! I'll get it and save it for when I move house and inevitably have to wait an age for my ISP to press a button.
Old 16-05-16, 09:03 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Sub! I'll get it and save it for when I move house and inevitably have to wait an age for my ISP to press a button.
You're moving house!?

Be sure to download the 54GB (45GB compressed if I recall) game before you move then
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!