Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 14-05-16, 08:36 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,815
DOOM PC Performance Review

Let's have a look at DOOM's PC performance. Is it as easy to run this game at the fast pace you would expect?



Read more on DOOM's PC performance.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-05-16, 08:42 PM
Tolemac's Avatar
Tolemac Tolemac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bonkersville.UK
Posts: 2,471
Nice write up Mark i'm getting good framerates at 2560 X 1440 with my R9 290X and ofc a freesync monitor
__________________

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-05-16, 08:50 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 14,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemac View Post
Nice write up Mark i'm getting good framerates at 2560 X 1440 with my R9 290X and ofc a freesync monitor
Cheers man. I look forward to giving this a spin again when Vulkan support is implemented.

For now, more DOOM. SP is great.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-05-16, 08:45 AM
Tolemac's Avatar
Tolemac Tolemac is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bonkersville.UK
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Cheers man. I look forward to giving this a spin again when Vulkan support is implemented.

For now, more DOOM. SP is great.
The Campaign is awesome it's everything I expected the game to be and more so if you haven't got it yet guy's it's a "must have" on your list you won't regret buying it.
__________________

Build Log: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=72241

“If you knew the magnificence of the three, six and nine, you would have a key to the universe.” – Nikola Tesla
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-05-16, 03:05 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,246
Good article

Want to get this but just spent so much on unplayed games over the last year..

BTW you embedded the wrong screenshot at the top of page 7.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-05-16, 10:01 PM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,696
Scott, GET THIS GAME. I've spent the weekend playing it and just finished the campaign. Utterly superb Best game soundtrack of the year by a country mile. it's SO METAL!!!

Properly enjoyed it. Will be going back through on the harder difficulties as well. Much fun.

Had a quick nose at the snap map editor thing..:O wow.. very, very good. Very intuitive. I reckon if it takes off like Mario Maker did on the WiiU.. they'll be onto a big winner with that. Excellently well made.

If you don't have this game, go and pick up a copy off cdkeys.com and enjoy it's simply a brilliant, old school fast, fearless and utterly unforgiving FPS.. with spanky new graphics and a luxuriously well optimised engine. I take back what I said before if it was bad, it supasses what UE4 can do now. idTech are on to a winner here, the performance is just astounding.
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15-05-16, 10:55 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newbsville
Posts: 13,135
I want this game so bad, Hurry up 1080 so I can spend money again
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-05-16, 01:56 AM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Scott, GET THIS GAME. I've spent the weekend playing it and just finished the campaign. Utterly superb Best game soundtrack of the year by a country mile. it's SO METAL!!!

Properly enjoyed it. Will be going back through on the harder difficulties as well. Much fun.

Had a quick nose at the snap map editor thing..:O wow.. very, very good. Very intuitive. I reckon if it takes off like Mario Maker did on the WiiU.. they'll be onto a big winner with that. Excellently well made.

If you don't have this game, go and pick up a copy off cdkeys.com and enjoy it's simply a brilliant, old school fast, fearless and utterly unforgiving FPS.. with spanky new graphics and a luxuriously well optimised engine. I take back what I said before if it was bad, it supasses what UE4 can do now. idTech are on to a winner here, the performance is just astounding.
Epic stream today, missed the final boss but glad I did don't want a spoiler that huge. Although the engine and editor has blown my mind! I want to see more titles using this engine it's astounding.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16-05-16, 07:29 AM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
Scott, GET THIS GAME. I've spent the weekend playing it and just finished the campaign. Utterly superb Best game soundtrack of the year by a country mile. it's SO METAL!!!

Properly enjoyed it. Will be going back through on the harder difficulties as well. Much fun.

Had a quick nose at the snap map editor thing..:O wow.. very, very good. Very intuitive. I reckon if it takes off like Mario Maker did on the WiiU.. they'll be onto a big winner with that. Excellently well made.

If you don't have this game, go and pick up a copy off cdkeys.com and enjoy it's simply a brilliant, old school fast, fearless and utterly unforgiving FPS.. with spanky new graphics and a luxuriously well optimised engine. I take back what I said before if it was bad, it supasses what UE4 can do now. idTech are on to a winner here, the performance is just astounding.
Sub! I'll get it and save it for when I move house and inevitably have to wait an age for my ISP to press a button.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-05-16, 09:03 AM
SuB's Avatar
SuB SuB is offline
The Webmaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Taking a break
Posts: 8,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Sub! I'll get it and save it for when I move house and inevitably have to wait an age for my ISP to press a button.
You're moving house!?

Be sure to download the 54GB (45GB compressed if I recall) game before you move then
__________________
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.