Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 02-05-16, 09:07 AM
News Guru

Antec announces a windowed version of their P9 Chassis

Antec has announced a windowed version of their P9 Chassis.

Read more on Antec's P9 Windowed chassis.

Old 02-05-16, 01:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Meh looks ugly IMO, Like really 3 ODD bays don't really need 3 anymore lol also i don't like those front fan mounts.
Old 02-05-16, 03:24 PM
OC3D Elite

I agree with the ODD bays and it looks to be of very cheap quality overall, in my opinion.
Old 02-05-16, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I agree with the ODD bays and it looks to be of very cheap quality overall, in my opinion.
The plastic on the front panel is very visibly misaligned/warped. Wouldn't you want a polished picture to be released to the press/public?

But I guess it'd be a good choice for anyone on a budget, who insists on a case of this size.
Old 03-05-16, 01:27 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnax2802 View Post
The plastic on the front panel is very visibly misaligned/warped. Wouldn't you want a polished picture to be released to the press/public?

But I guess it'd be a good choice for anyone on a budget, who insists on a case of this size.
Seems like Antec couldn't care less about the misaligned/warped.

Even still if it was me i would still look for other options over this.
Old 03-05-16, 03:32 AM
OC3D Elite

Plenty of people use ODD's still, and plenty more use the fan controllers, BayRes devices or if you're doing a server build you can chuck in a bay adaptor to mount more 3.5" or 2.5" drives. I just hope it's easily removable without needing to drill or dremel.

Not for everybody that's for sure but it's not that bad either. Up top most water cooling options and AIO's are covered but the front seems oddly spaced for a radiator?

The Front (well top) Panel switches are UAF but that's just personal preference.
I'd also rather they kept the front more uniform or conventional at least so you could easily whack in a 360 or larger rad. I get where they were going with those two fans but the implementation could have been better.

Old 03-05-16, 05:31 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Plenty of people use ODD's still, and plenty more use the fan controllers, BayRes devices or if you're doing a server build you can chuck in a bay adaptor to mount more 3.5" or 2.5" drives. I just hope it's easily removable without needing to drill or dremel.

Not for everybody that's for sure but it's not that bad either. Up top most water cooling options and AIO's are covered but the front seems oddly spaced for a radiator?

The Front (well top) Panel switches are UAF but that's just personal preference.
I'd also rather they kept the front more uniform or conventional at least so you could easily whack in a 360 or larger rad. I get where they were going with those two fans but the implementation could have been better.
Don't expect the ODD to be easy to get out i'm sure they would be pop riveted in since it's a IMO cheap & nasty case.
Old 03-05-16, 06:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Don't expect the ODD to be easy to get out i'm sure they would be pop riveted in since it's a IMO cheap & nasty case.
Probably! I use mine as cable storage and to hold an Xbox wireless receiver and a ghetto fan mount (140mm Spectre pro wedged in)