Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 29-04-16, 02:44 PM
News Guru

Phanteks Announces the EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass Edition Chassis

Phanteks has announced a new version of their EVOLV ATX case, this time with Tempered Glass side panels.

Read more on Phanteks' Evolve ATX Tempered Glass Edition Chassis.

Old 29-04-16, 08:48 PM
OC3D Elite

I don't like the idea of a window on both sides makes cable tidying even more hard work to keep it looking smart. Other than that I quiet like this case the sliding out Rad mount is a great Idea
BeQuiet Darkbase Pro 900 | i7-7700K OC @ 5.10GHz | Custom water loop | ASUS MAximus Hero IX Z270 | Aurous Xtreme GTX 1080TI @ 2120mhz 12000mhz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz CL15 | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 250GB Samsung EVO 850 | Corsair HX750I PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old 29-04-16, 09:08 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverebo View Post
I don't like the idea of a window on both sides makes cable tidying even more hard work to keep it looking smart. Other than that I quiet like this case the sliding out Rad mount is a great Idea
I see the glass on both sides as a challenge to try your best with cable management.
Old 29-04-16, 09:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I see the glass on both sides as a challenge to try your best with cable management.
True although you would have to opt for something a little more classy than cable ties maybe some nice branded Velcro ties.

I guess I'm just used to cable tidying as best I can and then hiding it behind the side panel normally having to sit on it to get it closed
BeQuiet Darkbase Pro 900 | i7-7700K OC @ 5.10GHz | Custom water loop | ASUS MAximus Hero IX Z270 | Aurous Xtreme GTX 1080TI @ 2120mhz 12000mhz | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz CL15 | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 250GB Samsung EVO 850 | Corsair HX750I PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old 29-04-16, 09:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Hope they do the silver version. This looks amazing.

I agree on the cable challenges for the back side being glass. Much like the 805 in that regards. I think some strategic use of Velcro, cable ties and maybe some internal panels/covers similar to the HexGear R40 would go a long way sorting that out.

It almost needs a false floor under the motherboard tray to channel most of your cables through and then mount some SSD's just under the glass. Not sure how much room is at the back tho!

Old 29-04-16, 10:44 PM
Bettyswollocks

If I were to go for a case such as this or inwin equivalent, I'd 100% have to make my own cables, alternatively get Pexon or cablemods to make some up.
Old 30-04-16, 01:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Imagining a dual system one on each side utilising GPU risers

Watercooling - custom
Old 30-04-16, 10:47 AM
OC3D Crew

I had the precurser to that case for a few months. I fell in love with it at first sight (from watching reviews), and I decided to buy it after some time. But that love didn't last...

A few things I didn't find very attractive about that case, is the black coating inside scratch VERY easily! I've never managed to scratch the coating off inside my Fractal case, I would have to force it in doing so. The coating felt way too cheap.

A second thing that really annoyed me is that PSU cover. Yes it looks awesome and all, but it's just not very functional since the case even though it is big, feels big, it actually isn't on the inside. A Fractal R5 feels much bigger on the inside and much easier to install stuff in. The Evolv ATX was a pain in the ass installing radiators in the front due to the PSU cover. And last the front window got scratched from using a fbercloth... I hate the Evolv ATX by now (ok this version does has tempered glass, so that won't happen).

If you like me tear down your PC often, experiment a lot with different setup and watercoolling, I would not recommend this case. Unless you're willing to build it and never tough the insides again.