Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-04-16, 09:30 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 15,229
Microsoft will be adding QR codes to the "Blue Screen of Death"

Microsoft will be adding QR codes to the "Blue Screen of Death" to allow users to easily troubleshoot crashes.



Read more on Microsoft adding QR codes to Windows 10 BSOD Screens.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-16, 10:06 AM
Doomslayer Doomslayer is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,037
Dumbing down the BSOD started in Windows 8
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-16, 10:35 AM
jimma47's Avatar
jimma47 jimma47 is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Dumbing down the BSOD started in Windows 8
I don't think it's a bad thing.

edit - although it would be nice if the QR takes you to a page that says "Chill everything crashes now and then" unless it's the same fault a few times in a row then it can troubleshoot.
__________________
Rig Gallery - Krusty III

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-16, 10:38 AM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Dumbing down the BSOD started in Windows 8
Dumbing it down? This should have been in since QR codes were relevant, printing a hex string isn't even interpretable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-16, 11:49 AM
Doomslayer Doomslayer is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
I don't think it's a bad thing.

edit - although it would be nice if the QR takes you to a page that says "Chill everything crashes now and then" unless it's the same fault a few times in a row then it can troubleshoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Dumbing it down? This should have been in since QR codes were relevant, printing a hex string isn't even interpretable.
Go back to Windows 7 and before it was a normal BSOD it wasn't a dumbed down version.

Just cause Microsoft has added QR codes do you really think it's going to be anything different the information is going to be the same as what it is now, They have just made it easier for the "User" to scan a code and going to the Microsoft website.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-16, 12:01 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
Go back to Windows 7 and before it was a normal BSOD it wasn't a dumbed down version.

Just cause Microsoft has added QR codes do you really think it's going to be anything different the information is going to be the same as what it is now, They have just made it easier for the "User" to scan a code and going to the Microsoft website.
I am referring to Windows 7 BSOD. I don't see why you're complaining about scanning a QR code as opposed to manually typing a huge string of hexadecimals.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-16, 12:06 PM
Doomslayer Doomslayer is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,037
I'm not complaining just saying as i said you take a BSOD from Windows 7 and compare it to a Windows 8.1 & 10 to me it looks like a dumb down version of the BSOD
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-16, 12:21 PM
barnsley's Avatar
barnsley barnsley is offline
born in a.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
I'm not complaining just saying as i said you take a BSOD from Windows 7 and compare it to a Windows 8.1 & 10 to me it looks like a dumb down version of the BSOD
So you're saying it looks dumb or that its also just dumb in general?


It contains an easier way to google the same information. Thats a plus in my book.
__________________
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-16, 01:19 PM
Doomslayer Doomslayer is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
So you're saying it looks dumb or that its also just dumb in general?


It contains an easier way to google the same information. Thats a plus in my book.
I'm saying the new BSOD since Windows 8 is dumb with the sad face, QR code doesn't interest me at all i can say that i have never used one, What is so hard about google the error i don't find it hard at all.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-04-16, 02:08 PM
TPC's Avatar
TPC TPC is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: D:\BW\Stuttgart
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
I'm saying the new BSOD since Windows 8 is dumb with the sad face, QR code doesn't interest me at all i can say that i have never used one, What is so hard about google the error i don't find it hard at all.
I once had the problem of my rig crashing consecutively on W7 when searching after the error code I found maaany solution that didnt help. upon further inspection I noticed I had found solutiions to an error code with a "c" at the end rather to a "d" which I had. So I def. prefer how it is now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.